• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EQ2 Guild

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pouey

Alright guys, I really think whoever is going to be playing EQ2 from these forums should get together early and get a guild forming. Many of us have lots of experience from EQ1 or other mmorpg's, so we can be a force to reckon with from the beginning. I don't have any experience with EQ2's beta, but I know some of us on the forums do, so they could help us a great deal. What do you guys think? We can start thinking up names for the guild, a charter I guess, etc. :D

Speaking from someone in the EQ2 beta..

The Guild system does not lend to the ZERG mentality. Guild Status (levels) are based on active patrons vs Members.. and the more of either you have, the faster the status degrades (meaning more work is needed to maintain it). And with raids locked at 24 people max (Biggest raid mobs are 4 groups ONLY) big guilds will only suffer..

Personally the guild I plan to start when EQ2 goes live will be small (30 to 40 people, which is what Sony says is optimal) and it will be hand picked with the type of people that work well together (vital for small guilds)

I'm up for a guild. Been playing the beta for a while. Would be nice to get together with some OC members that are in the beta aswell, and then continue to play together when retail hits the shelves.

My new toon (the one I play the most now) is Katalyst, lvl 10 mage on Beta 1. I have others on Beta 2 and 3 but they arent played as much. Shoot me a /tell whenever im on. :)

~cheers

Last edited:
I havn't played beta, played a little in the original EQ. But already have my pre-order of EQ2 back since July. So I'm ready for a guild or something going into EQ2.

Don't know what you guys plan on being but I'm going for a Barbarian Guardian probley, preferably on the good side.

I'm starting an evil troll warrior for sure. I can't wait, I preordered it too, I got my jboots ready!

Well if you going Guardian you have to be on the good side..

Each subclass only has a certain city you can train in.. For the mages I know Warlocks, Coercers, Necromancers can only be in freeport (the other 3 are only Qeynos). Shadowknights and Inquisitors are freeport as well... Don't remember the others off the top of my head. But what class you want to be WILL Decided what city you play in.

Freeport and Quenos, did they use the old world and just revamp the graphics? Or did they just give different cities old names to help every one find their way around easier?

All of the cities are redesigned from top to bottom. But with the map/navigation system they provide makes getting around pretty straight forward.

Thing is some places arent on the map and all of the newcomers bang their heads against the wall trying to find them :bang head . The answer is "Mariner Bells" its a travel system that gets you around the less known places around the city and some of the zone surrounding the city. So if you dont see it on the map, heck the mariner bell and theres a really good chance its on there...unless you're NOWHERE near the place, which is hard to do because the NPC give you easy-to-follow directions to the general area.

Just my .02

~cheers

ugh 4 chars per account.... as for beta chars carrying over i doubt it, would give an unfair advantage to those who were in beta against those who werent

well, that's what everyone said when Lineage2 came out. But they let beta players keep their characters. But I guess it's because they had an open beta...

Back