• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R360 - 9800 256 & XT users

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

obsolete

Looking for some information on what temps any of you are getting with the temp probe built in. I know tempatures are really going to be different based on room temp & such. Reason I am asking is because I recently switched my 9800 Pro 256 (flashed to a true XT) cooling. I was using a Thermaltake V7 that was glued to the shim around the GPU. I also had a Y.S. Tech 60mm high rpm fan to cool it. At the time....it was running about 56ºC - 60ºC at 452/344.

Now I switched cooling on it to watercooling & I'm using the Dtek NB WB to cool it. I'm now getting around 51ºC on idle & 55ºC on load (with same clocks above). Keep in mind I also have my CPU that is overclocked quite a bit on the same loop & I only have a Dtek Jr 120 radiator.

Thanks for any input.

Bump, come on, your telling me there are no users that have a temp probe enabled on their R360 core?

i have about 54C idle, and 59C load.

unless you havnt mounted the gpu block right then ur temps r a bit high, but it could also be that you have no fan there which could have blown on the temp probe b4.

I read that w/c r9800 pro's at stock run at abour 33C idle, 37C load, with 28C ambient temp

EDIT: i see u have the processor in the same loop, that could be why ur getting high temps. Concider that the new 6800gt's run at about 60C idle and go up to 90 load :s so i wouldnt worry too much

i have about 54C idle, and 59C load. unless you havnt mounted the gpu block right then ur temps r a bit high, but it could also be that you have no fan there which could have blown on the temp probe b4. I read that w/c r9800 pro's at stock run at abour 33C idle, 37C load, with 28C ambient temp EDIT: i see u have the processor in the same loop, that could be why ur getting high temps. Concider that the new 6800gt's run at about 60C idle and go up to 90 load :s so i wouldnt worry too much

THANK YOU! Nahh, I am not worried, I am just curious what others may be getting compared to me like I mentioned. I know my temps are good, they are a bit high, but the CPU is on the same loop & it's not a huge radiator......

Also, I am running an XT, was a BBA 9800 Pro 256, but I flashed to an XT bios & it's running flawlessly........

I have a 9800 pro 128MB flashed to XT with an Artic Cooling VGA silencer rev3
Temp at idle 44 deg C
Temp at load 54 deg C

My real temps might be a bit higher since these were measured using a thermal probe under the heatsink and I have no on-board temp monitoring.

fabulouscoops said:
I have a 9800 pro 128MB flashed to XT with an Artic Cooling VGA silencer rev3
Temp at idle 44 deg C
Temp at load 54 deg C

My real temps might be a bit higher since these were measured using a thermal probe under the heatsink and I have no on-board temp monitoring.

Your temps are probably more accurate then most that manually attach a temp probe. When I didn't have temp probe enabled on my old 9800 Pro 128, I attached a temp probe to the back of the card..........

Something seems a little off with your temps though, because your video card does not or should not drastically change 10ºC. Generally stays within 5ºC of your idle temp.......

Back