• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where are the shrouds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jbroad572

I have to make a shroud, but don't want anything to be ghetto... :)
I remember seeing a thread from Cathar I believe where he made one out of aluminum and the supplies only cost about $13. The only thing is I don't have a drill (just a jigsaw and a cheap rotart tool -non-dremel).
Anyways, I can't find that post anymore, but given the tools I have what kind of shroud can I make?
This will be for a dual Heatercore btw. Pictures and step by step guides are always nice.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=308900

The above is from the Stickies section of this WCing forum.

As far as costs go depending on your tool box here is what it cost me to come up with a dual shroud for my '77 b-ville core.

Cheap sheet metal bending pliers (4" jaws) - $4.88 from a discount tool store
JB weld - $5 from about any hardware store (optional, other things can be used)
Cheap Tin Snips - $5 from a discount tool store
Sheet of 22 guage steel - $4
Sheet metal 'Nibbler' - $9.99 from Radio Shack normally, I actuall got mine for $5 on a closeout

I used the tin snips to make the rectangle I was planning on making my shroud from. I used the Nibblers for very nice hole cutouts for my fans. The JB weld I used where the corner edges of the metal came together after bending.

Bottom line if you have zero tools it will run about $25. Of that $25 depending on your tool assortment you can actually trim it to about $10.

Back