• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I bother flashing this R360 128MB 9800 Pro to XT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gregory_WE

I have it overclocked with stock BIOS to 440/397 artifact free in ATI Tool (I think I can go higher with no artifacts in 3DMark).

It's a Sapphire with Hynix RAM (2.8ns I believe... ends with 222A).

I have this cooler attached to it: http://www.taisol.com/cgk760172.html

Picture: 1e_1_b.JPG

Anyways, would I gain anything by flashing it to XT BIOS, and if I would, what BIOS would I use? I haven't looked too much, but I'm not sure what XT BIOS would work with my card. Temp monitoring already works with ATI Tool... idle it's around 55C, FULL load it's 60C (never goes higher).

Also I don't have ramsinks on it, I'll probably be getting some, since running near 400MHz it has to be getting pretty hot.

Thanks.

you will gain some benchmarks if that's what you're into.... for the most part you can't hurt the card by using an xt bios.... you just have to make sure you get the right one..... and by the looks of that card you have an xt pcb..... if that's a 128mb card you should use the sapphire or gecube xt bios... you can get them here.....

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33762838

both will give you the temp sensors in atitool.... but the gecube will also give you the overdrive... both are really good bios.

Ok thanks, I'll probably get around to trying the flash (probably with the 2nd gecube BIOS, the one at the default clock speeds since I can easily attain it) tonight.

... or not, one of the mirrors is down. I'll just go with the 1st GeCube then.

I don't think I got any additional overclockability (using the Sapphire 9800 XT one right now) but my 3DMark03 score is over 7000 now.

Gregory_WE said:
I don't think I got any additional overclockability (using the Sapphire 9800 XT one right now) but my 3DMark03 score is over 7000 now.

I found when I flashed my card as you have done, that I actually could not "clock" the card as high as before. But, with just a little overclock and the flash it scored much better then the regular BIOS and a higher overclock.

Back