• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a fan for my SI 97

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hexnan

whats a good 92x92x25 fan, or a 92x92,38 for that HS

Im looking to spend 15 to 20 bucks

Hex

enermax adjustable, 34db for 64cfm. Other than that step up to a tornado or delta at a cost of considerably more noise.

i just ordered the si-97 & panaflo "M" (medium) yesterday from sidewinder....

also, sidewinder makes their own adapter/pigtail to monitor the fan rpm.

thanks guys, gonna trust ya again on this arch.

few months ago you suggested the panny L1A's and i fell in love

i decked out my PS with my L1A's and even made a neat little 60 to 80mm fan adapter for my stock HS i had out of shim stock...worked great and that fan was a whisper compared to what i had (7krpm 60mm fan)

Hex

Any of the Panaflos should work depending on application. I would say that the M is sufficient enough for overclocking while the L should let you overclock mildly.

Waachback said:
Get a 92mm Tornado, Thats what I have on my Si-97, its not as loud as most people make it out to be...

heh I consider something you can hear 100 ft away standing outside when the computers next to an open window pretty freakin loud. :rolleyes:

It's not really that bad. When my Tornado is on idle, my 2 120mm Delta's drown it out. I can't even hear it right now, and I'm at 42°C full load. Tornado at idle 1.85V and 40°C when it's going full blast. Not to shabby.

iNterBeiNg said:
heh I consider something you can hear 100 ft away standing outside when the computers next to an open window pretty freakin loud. :rolleyes:

Nah, it doesnt even bother me. My AC also makes alot of noise so the tornado is nothing...

People these days are just wussies. :clap:

LOL well to each his own :) I had a friend who had a tornado in his old computer, everytime I went over to his house for a few hours I would get a headache. Was veeryy glad when got rid of it.

thanks guys, gonna trust ya again on this arch.

few months ago you suggested the panny L1A's and i fell in love

I use a 25 Ohm/ 3 watt rheostat # 271-265 from Radio Shack to control it speed..
Let me know if you want to do this also...:)

Back