• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800pro and s-video?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArTiFaX

hey guys i just bought a 9800pro and i am planning buying a t.v within the next couple weeks. I want to hook up my pc to my t.v with s-video, how will the quality be? I am thinking a flat screen or a small hdtv(expensive). Would it be good enough to game and watch movies on or would it just look horrible? thanx for any and all help.

It's not monitor quality, but it will look just like normal tv channels, the hdtv would be better though, just don't expect to read anything on the tv, and if you can get an adapter to plug in the video in thing.

With the right settings, an ordinary tv will be ok and text can be cleared up. Of course, HDTV will be better. I have a regular 31 inch tv that I use all the time. I haven't had my monitor hooked up for a long time. Basically, I set resolution to 800 X 600, set font size to Extra Large, and change dpi to 134 (stock is 96). Text is clear at those settings. The easiest thing to get it set up with the larger scroll bar and cursor etc. is to run the Accessibility wizard and go with the options for poor eye sight. Disable the magnifier though. The single most important change I found to get the text clear though was the dpi setting. To change that, right click your desktop, select display properties, then Settings tab. From there, press the Advanced button, and it should be there.

Another thing you are going to want to do is go into Internet Options and press the Accessibility button at the bottom right corner of the General tab. Check the box that says "Ignore font sizes specified on web pages" then hit ok/apply/ok. With that option enabled, font sizes on web pages can quickly be adjusted by holding down the control button while rolling your mouse wheel. This will increase or decrease the font size, depending on which direction you roll the wheel.

Last edited:
wow! thanx a lot for the info prot. I think i am going to be getting myself a 27" flat screen when i get my next pay cheque :p

Some normal tvs are able to do 1024x768, I know that mine does.

I used to use my 9800 Pro to watch DVD movies on my 27" tv. However, I recently bought a DVD player because it looks noticably better. I still use my tv out for videos that I have on my PC.

Dermen said:
I used to use my 9800 Pro to watch DVD movies on my 27" tv. However, I recently bought a DVD player because it looks noticably better. I still use my tv out for videos that I have on my PC.

this is exactly what i do as well. although instead of using video out right now, i just use my monitor to watch movies off my pc. My t.v is too old and ****ty to use it to watch movies from my pc, that is exactly why iw ant to get a new one.

Back