• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800xt non-platinum brand comparison?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

austinbmxnig

Are any of the x800xt's better as of late when looking at the brand *sapphire visiontek gigabyte* im leaning way towards the sapphire

Cant go wrong with either ATI or sapphire. Most of the card comparasins they use made by ATI cards. Id suspect ati knows what they are doing with there cards though.

i read a review on newegg from a customer that was looking at both the sapphire and powercolor brands. He says that the folks at sapphire told him that ATI actually builds all of the x800 xt's to date and that the other "manufacturers" add their own labels.

linky

just thought i'd throw that out there...

go for any brand except Powercolor.

They used to build lousy 9700pros. not sure about this time though.....

i got a sapphire x800xt pci and the sticker was sapphire hsf but when i pulled it off it had a ati picture printed on the hsf, altho the card burnt out on me 10 minutes befor i could install the drivers, i had to send it back and re-order as dabs,com dont replace.

Kenshiro said:
go for any brand except Powercolor.

They used to build lousy 9700pros. not sure about this time though.....

Read the x800pro vivo -> xtpe conversion sticky, that isnt good advice anymore - this time around Powercolor are making the BEST x800pro cards, but as already mentioned ATI are making most of the standard xt (non pe's) so it doesnt really matter.

soooooo is it safe for me to order a gigabyte x800 xt non-pe board? that's the best I can find for now. but i heard that it (gigabyte) strays from the schema of all the other x800's

Back