• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A really tricky problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Venesectrix

My router's port forwarding isn't working incorrectly, but I odn't have the cash for a new one. My router's a Dell TrueMobile 1184. I decided to look online and see if anyone else had the same problem, and while doing so, I found out that my router runs linux, and runs telnetd so I can login and do stuff. My problem is I've got to somehow set up ipchains to forward any ssh connections (TCP port 22) to an internal box (with an IP of 192.168.2.11), but with a very limited set of commands. after doing an 'ls /bin' all I've got is:

brctl, cat, checkisp, chmod, dhclient, dhcpd, dproxy, echo, gzip, hostname, ifconfig, igd, inetd, ipchains, ipmfw, ipportfw, kill, lcd, loader, login, ls, mkdir, mount, ntpdate, ping, pppd, pppoed, present, prism2dl, ps, reaim, reboot, reset, rm, route, rserver, service, sh, snatd, sysconf, telnetd, thttpd, xml.

I don't have vi, ed, or even ex to edit files with. I believe the only way I can edit configuration files is by doing an 'echo TextHere >> configfile', but that only works if I need to append text- what I've got to do is add text in the middle of files and such. Help please ;)

You can't pull the config file off the router, edit it, and then upload it to the router with the new settings? Should be the same as doing a simple firmware update.

Back