• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone with a late-model All in Wonder

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alinosa

questions for anyone with a late-model All in Wonder

alright, I'm looking at the X800XT AIW cards because I want to upgrade my ti4600. I had planned on getting a gainward 6800 GT. (I have a gainward gf4) BUT, after looking at the problems people are having with drivers and such, i thought i'd check out what ATI has to offer. I once bought an ATI card from bestbuy when trying to upgrade my HP(iece o' junk) and it was a nightmare trying to get it to work. I later found out that it was my fault because i wasn't seating the card, actually, the design of the back plane kept me from seating the card unless i left a gap between... nevermind, not pertinent. Anyways, i bought an nvidia card and haven't looked back since. I upgrade to a ti4600 from a gf2mx, and wow... Back to the question at hand: For those of you that have the more recent All in wonders, how do you like them? Are they in any way inferior to their radeon counterparts? Does the RF remote work well? Do they overclock as well? (like the aiw hardware limiting the core itself in some way) what is like trying to use the bundled software to record television and video etc... Would this be an ideal card for video editing versus a regular high-end video card? (I have a niece that is ~6 months old and she's finally doing stuff worth recording, so i thought i'd dabble). I guess what i'm asking is should i get the AIW or go with the XT...
thanks,
a potential convert.

Last edited:
While I had a 9800PRO AIW (I hope that counts for late model) I decided to sell it and keep my more overclockable 9700PRO. I maintained the same functionality though by purchasing ATI's TV Wonder PRO add in card, which includes the same breakout box, RF Remote, Software etc. If you can afford to, I would recommend getting a discreet ATI HDTV add in card, as you end up with a compromised VGA card from an overclocking standpoint if you buy the AIW. Otherwise, ATI has the market cornered with these puppies, and a quick read through of online reviews should be enough to convince you. The hardware (get ATI Retail Boxed please) is first rate, and ATI has been good about software and driver updates. Furthermore, the RF remote spanks the monkey's ***! :p
Either route you take you won't be dissappointed. It's great fun to watch TV on the computer...hmmm productivity? Good luck!

thnx a lot. i was beginning to lose hope. So i wouldn't be able to o/c as well, huh... i'll look into the seperate card for the video capture and edit...

thnx again.

Back