• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! What is the better motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cybersid

Thinking of getting an AMD 64 3500+

I have done some research (anandtech) and need to know the general user opinion! What is better -

MSI K8N NEO2 PLATINUM or ASUS A8V Deluxe?

And if anyone could suggest motherboards around the same price (with socket 939).

Thank you - Sid

Wow, tough call. I've heard the A8V Deluxe is more stable and has less problems (although someone's probably going to start replying and bash my face).

Just look at the two sections on this board (ASUS and MSI) you can see people are having more problems (or problem-related-questions) about the Neo2 in the MSI section, look into the ASUS section, and most questions are regarding a different model.

Sure the MSI performed better in anandtech's reviews, but it really is a tough call because if you actually get a problem-free board, you'll love it. I know there are several people on this board who think it's a great motherboard. I also know of several who have tried a couple of boards of the same model and still had problems.

I have an A8V and it is very nice, stable, so far OC'ing at 250x10 (not much of an OC, but not bad for air...but I intend to go faster).

Good luck with the build.

Back