• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCD displays bottom 2/3s white. how to fix?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fordfreak300

I have a 15" RealSunc LCD monitor model # S1502D. the bottom 2/3s of the screen is displayed in white. I can see my desktop throughit and it apears stretched all the way down the screen. Now how this occured is my own dumb fault. The power to my monitor was on and i accidently flipped the power to my surge protector off and then imediately fliped it back on. WHen i powered up the computer9 whch thankfully had been off at the time) the monitor then displayed the before mentioned characteristics. I don't have the money to by a new monitor. I need to figure out how to fix this one. I have a multimeter and can check things out if I knew what to check and what values to check for. If anyone can provide any help it would be greatly appreciated.

You've burnt the ADC chip, one of it's analog feeds, or something similar. It's not likely repairable without a considerable background in EE. A good surface-mount tech with a proper oscilliscope and expertise could probably find the issue in a few hours, but the pricetag just for the diagnosis time would far outweigh the cost of another 15" LCD monitor.

Note for future reference: sensitive electronic devices don't like that :)

lol yeah i know they don't like that. I just moved into a new place and am very cramped for space. I have now mounted my surge protector on a wall out of the way of my feet lol. Thank you for your help. I guess i will just need to save up for a new monitor then. I think I can borrow this arcaic thing for a while. it just takes up so much space on my desk. Ohh well i wanted a bigger monitor anyway, mabee since I have to save up I'll save for a 20" LCD hehehe

sorry to hear about the problem with your monitor but for what its worth i just moved my powerstrip away from my feet where ive been hitting it from time to time after reading about that.

probably a good idea. I have had mine at my feet for years. This was catastophic for me. I am just lucky the computer was not turned on at the time which it normally is most of the time.

Back