• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my x800 pro really a pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

I have run 3dmark 01 on my friends systrem countless times even upping the core and mem to 500 and still cannot break out of 18k 3dmarks in 01.....this baffles me becuase he has a 2500+ running at 200x11 and memory timmings at 7 3 3 2.5 1 gig of ram I think thats all the important stuff....I am going to keep tweaking the settings hopeing that this is the reason......I would be EXTREEMLY greatfull for an explanation...and will include a link of which one we purchased.. http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/pro...id=9008&sid=ARD1257E1DUP8HDX3863XSSEDM4W8T73#

thanks a ton :)

i have that same cpu with the same settings but a 9800 card and i get 13-14k so it must be the proccessor and i also have the same memory timings too so maybe an upgrade is in order to boost that score.

Yea its cpu. I have a 9800 pro with an athlon 64 2800 and get around 18k at stock. Run 3dmark 03 and 05 if you wanna see some real power.

But dont worry. 3dmark01 is not much use as a benchmark anymore. I can guarentee you will still have awesome performance in games, and hey, if your cpu limited, that means the gpu has power to spare, so you can crank up the res/aa/af.

Back