• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrPrez

Hey,
Here are my system specs:
ABIT IC7-MAX3 mobo
P4 3.0 800mhz FSB
1gb Dual Channel DDR 400
ATI Radeon X800 Pro

My mobo supports OCing and it's really simple. I go into the bios, and input a number and it sets my cpu to that freq once i reboot. Over the past few days ive been doing this and I cant get my system totally stable. My main problem is my graphics driver. I can get my system to boot, everything runs fine, temps under load are about between 52 and 55 C, I go into CoD or CS: Source, and after awhile, it freezes. The game minimizes and says that my graphics driver has been reset. I can go back into the game and it runs fine for about a minute or so, then it freezes again, and my monitor goes into sleep mode, forcing me to restart my system. I have my AGP/PCI freqs locked so they're not getting changed. My X800 is not OCed and im using the latest 4.10 drivers from ATI. Ive tried everything I can think of. I dont know what to do. Help please. Thanks.
MrPrez

Last edited:
what are you rails at? What have you set your Vcore and Vdimm at? Sounds like unstability due to the overclock. Have you run Prime95 and do you recieve any errors?

here's a good guide to double check your bios settings: http://www.pcholic.net/overclocking.htm

MrPrez said:
The game minimizes and says that my graphics driver has been reset. I can go back into the game and it runs fine for about a minute or so, then it freezes again, and my monitor goes into sleep mode, forcing me to restart my system.

so it only dies in this game? and is the message about the card being reset from the game or is it a blue screen or is it a windows message?

And does it ever lock up, or just this problem where the card gets reset?

WELCOME TO TEH FORUMS!!!

Welcome to the forum!

The errors about your videocard is probably a sign that your overclock is not stable... windows is screwing up and causing what looks like videocard probs.

Did you raise the voltage to the cpu when you oced?

What did you oc to?

I oced it to 3.34, and no i didnt raise the voltage. VeryHumid, it's a VPURecover message. VPURecover is a part of the Catalyst driver suite for ATI cards, and this only occurs when the card resets either after or during playing a game.

Hi,

If I'm reading things correct, you've probably neglected to lock you agp/pci lock to 66/33. The increasing bus to your video card and hard drive are probably throwing things out of whack. For pics of your bios and where to find this setting, check out my signature link.

Goodluck, post back with results. Find me here or at the abit forums:

http://forum.abit-usa.com

navig

Back