• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just A Headsup With Newegg Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
I just got off the phone with Newegg after a member had issues receiving his items ordered on 10/25/04

Newegg had some sort of computer glitch and is feverishly rectifying the hiccups. If you are waiting on a Tracking number, just try to be patient as they will have the issue fixed by today.

End of public service announcement.

First, I must again express my appreciation for your efforts on my behalf.
Having already done so through private channels, I think it's important to recognize your work for the members of the forum publically.
It's nice to know that we have a crusader amongst us.

That said, unfortunately my initial skepticism regarding Newegg's response to you seems to be warrented.
The "problem" that they assured you would be addressed yesterday has yet to be solved and, as of close of business today, seems to be ongoing.
I still have no tracking number and the ( somewhat exasperated) sales rep could offer no indication when one might be issued.

*sigh*

Enlight of SSS's efforts for our Members of this forums, I say we elect SSS on the 2008 voting for President!

Thanks SSS for all the help you provide us.

Update...Wednesday morning

After spending 45 minutes on hold trying to connect with a real, live human being, Anthony informs me that he has no idea when the problem with my ( and presumably many others) order might be resolved.
He again offered to waive the shipping fees...an act of generousity which I have been promised since last Thursday,however the fees continue to appear on my bill...and suggested that perhaps cancelling my order would be the best course of action.

So much for the vaunted Newegg customer service.
In truth, it probably would be best to simply void the order and give up, but I am strangely compelled to see this through, convinced as I am that they don't even have the parts in stock and ready to ship.

When things break down they do so in a grand fashion, don't they?

Last edited:
Yeah I have a server on order... ordered the 29th and it is still at step 2...I did receive the case though, strange. On the phone with them now. I have spent over 100k with the egg in the last year, and have NEVER had a problem that was not rectified quickly and smoothly.

I have also had several positive transactions with Newegg in the past ( not on the level of 100k though!), but I think that the true measure of a company's customer service is revealed when there are problems.

By that yardstick the egg has failed miserably.

I am a little disappointed with NewEgg as they have developed quite an ego of being the best, and in doing so they are raising their prices. I guess it's ok to pay a little more for good service, but I like the way they were before they developed their ego.

There's plenty of companies out there that can be the NEW egg.

OK, they finally wore me down....I just cancelled the order.*

Allegedly there are 10,000 orders waiting to be shipped from Warehouse#7 and getting pissed off over two silly computer parts is just not worth the hassle.

If you are among the unfortunates buried in the logjam- I wish you well.

In a month or so, after Newegg has a chance to straighten house, perhaps I'll try ordering again.
This particular order apparently was fated not to be fulfilled.
Oh well.

* Now I'll never know what my free consolation gift would have been...

I ordered my xeons from this dealer and he threw in a free pair of nice speakers. They don't seem too crappy either, and they were heavy to ship i'm sure... Invoice said $19 value, so i'm sure they really meant 9 lol ;)

..But it wasn't from NewEgg.

Silversinksam said:
I just got off the phone with Newegg after a member had issues receiving his items ordered on 10/25/04

Newegg had some sort of computer glitch and is feverishly rectifying the hiccups. If you are waiting on a Tracking number, just try to be patient as they will have the issue fixed by today.

End of public service announcement.

I placed an order on the 24th, and i to had this "glitch" happen to me. I waited 9 days, talked with them on the phone, e-mail, and all i get is an e-mail suggesting that i cancel my order before it ships (i have dropped over 2K there, and that's their "support/Customer service"?!?!). So what did i do you ask? I spent $1,500 bucks over at ZipZoomFly and got my stuff in 2 days, and told Newegg to shoveit. My order was only for a heatsink, but it was for a customer of mine, and he was pretty pissed when i had to explain to him that he needed to wait the weekend before he could get his computer (i ordered this item 5 days before this mind you). And them come the following Tuesday without change in my order status i finnaly said screw it. Sure they have some great prices, and i get my stuff overnight cause i live in so-cal, and have it shipped to my lady's office (Fed-ex facility) but this was enough to make me go elsewhere. They had no "glitch" with their billing department, cause i was billed on the 25th, day after my order. One time is enough to lose my business, they have a simple job, take my money, and send me an item the next day, there are to many companies that will do that for me to deal with 9 days of no contact from them, and an e-mail suggestion me to cancel my order, with no attempt to rectify the situation. So they get a bad review at resellerratings from me, and one less customer. Sorry, i'm done ranting now.

I placed an order with newegg on the 27th (last wednesday) for over $8000 worth of computer components. I never received any emails about their problems, nor any offers of free gifts. All this week I've been emailing them, calling them every day, and I always hear the same thing - it'll go out today, don't worry, we'll upgrade you to overnight shipping. But it's yet to ship, and now I won't have time to assemble these systems, and as such my company is going to lose out on a nearly million dollar contract because of it.

We've ordered more than $100,000 worth of parts from them, and never had problems like these. This whole situation is unacceptable. And the fact that they can't keep their story straight REALLY makes me mad. First it was a 'logistics problem' with their CA warehouse, then it was a 'mechanical problem' and now it's a server crash? Are they afraid to say they screwed up or something?

I'm sure there's plenty of other vendors out there who would love our business, and this is certainly a good time to start looking.

I agree Frezman, there's to many vendors to have to deal with this. I got the same song and dance from them too, only i wasn't offered even upgraded shipping. Zipzoomfly has been a great alternative for me, i already placed 3 orders with them over the last week and everything went off without a hitch. They also are in california, so shipment times are the same.

Zipzoomfly, svc, monarchcomputer, jab-tech, and excaliberpc are all excellent vendors. I have just about always preferred ZZF to Newegg because they ship UPS 2nd day air, where newegg uses FedEX Express saver. Fedex has taken up to four days to get on the East Coast. And yes, Newegg's pricing, customer service, and just plain moral standards have really gone downhill in the past four or five months.
I actually try to avoid buying from them now.. scary.

mattspalace said:
Zipzoomfly, svc, monarchcomputer, jab-tech, and excaliberpc are all excellent vendors. I have just about always preferred ZZF to Newegg because they ship UPS 2nd day air, where newegg uses FedEX Express saver. Fedex has taken up to four days to get on the East Coast. And yes, Newegg's pricing, customer service, and just plain moral standards have really gone downhill in the past four or five months.
I actually try to avoid buying from them now.. scary.
Too big, too fast. Simple as that. PLUS, newegg's prices are often worse as shipping is being put on everything, whereas it was free in the past.

Too bad you guys are having problems with Newegg. I have placed several orders over the last couple of weeks and the worst that happened was that one took 2 business days to ship. They never take that long to ship, at least not in the three years I have been ordering from them. My stuff came from both New Jersey and California. Good luck to you guys, hopefully they get you taken care of and get their glitches fixed.

I read somewhere that a flood occured at one of Neweggs distribution warehouses, contributing to their already occuring headache.

I'm sure they will get back to 100% soon.

Silversinksam said:
I read somewhere that a flood occured at one of Neweggs distribution warehouses, contributing to their already occuring headache.

I'm sure they will get back to 100% soon.

In my humble opinion, what they should have done is contact all their customers with an order pending, and make them aware of the situation. I waited 9 days without any "official" word from them. I sent them 2 e-mails and i even spoke with them on the phone and not only did they avoid the situation, they straight lied to me in saying that my shipment was going out on XX day when in fact, it did not. To top things off, as i stated before, they suggested that i cancel my order, not even an attempt to rectify the problem. Furthermore, we as customers should not let this event just "slide". I've been using newegg for well over a year and a half, and this one event was enough to make me buy elsewhere. There are to many vendors out threre with a good service record to waste my time with a company not dedicated to service. Had they given my a heads up on the status, and not have lied to me, and this not have been a shipment for a client of mine, i probably wouldn't be very upset at all, but the whole string of events just really irritated me enough to say "screwit".

I think they used to be dedicated to service, but as i've said before their ego of being the best has gotten in their way as of recent and feel they can afford to make mistakes and still be fine. This thread is proof that the ego trip isn't going to last long I guess.

Anyway my last 3 orders were from zipzoom, all shipped sameday, received next day, all free shipping.

Don't you think that some of you are throwing out the baby with the bath water? Newegg has treated a lot of us posting here well for years and had the best prices on many items for most of that time. Things like this happen on occasion to even the best vendors and it takes time to rectify some situations. Offering you guys free gifts and upgraded shipping costs the Egg a lot more than just canceling your orders, ehich I suppose they could have done. I'm sure once they get these issues straightened out they will return to being the excellent vendor they always have been.

Ken

penquissciguy said:
Don't you think that some of you are throwing out the baby with the bath water? Newegg has treated a lot of us posting here well for years and had the best prices on many items for most of that time. Things like this happen on occasion to even the best vendors and it takes time to rectify some situations. Offering you guys free gifts and upgraded shipping costs the Egg a lot more than just canceling your orders, ehich I suppose they could have done. I'm sure once they get these issues straightened out they will return to being the excellent vendor they always have been.

Ken

They didn't offer me ANYTHING after 9 days of limbo. And as stated, they suggested i cancel my order.

Newegg said:
Thank you for contacting Newegg.com. I'm sorry for the delay and sorry to inform you that your order has not been shipped out. The only thing I can suggest is if you can't wait for this order is to contact us and have the order voided and you well be refunded. This can can only be voided if it has not been given a tracking#. If you have any more questions fell free to call us on this matter. Have a great day.

My order was for a client, they made me look bad in my side business, therefore i will take it elsewhere.

Back