• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Artic silver 5 and Artic Silver Ceramique

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Npetune3000

Which is better?

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=35-100-007&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-100-009&depa=0

after shipping(ceramique 4.99 f/ shipping and Artic silver 5 free shipping) there is only about a 3 dollar difference.

I dont need that much compound seeing as u dont need that much so is it worth the cash? the 12gram tube if articl silver i just 5bucks more than the 3.5 tube but it's hardly a value......... seeing as I wont need it?

Anyways, which should I get ceramique or Artic silver 5?

Also, is there someplace realiabel where I can get it cheaper?

That svc site si really great. I like their shipping ALOT better than newegg. I just wish they had teh selection

Npetune3000 said:
That svc site si really great. I like their shipping ALOT better than newegg. I just wish they had teh selection
HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE NEWEGG?? INCOMPREHENSABLE!!!!

Well I'm glad I saw this thread, I had been wondering what OCer's experience with Ceramique compared to AS5 had been. I read an article that tested both and showed Ceramique was actually slightly better than AS5. But I still wasn't sure.
I think I'll get Ceramique next time I buy a CPU, as it's cheaper and non-conductive (Not that I'm going to be touching it during operation of computer, what whatever).

:burn:

Testing thermal compounds is one of the hardest things to do with any great degree of accuracy. But generally AS5 and Ceramique preform in the same realm, which is very good.

9mmCensor said:
Testing thermal compounds is one of the hardest things to do with any great degree of accuracy. But generally AS5 and Ceramique preform in the same realm, which is very good.

While it's true it's difficult to test accurately, Arctic Silver 5 performs better than Ceramique.

Both are good though :thup:

IWasHungry said:
HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE NEWEGG?? INCOMPREHENSABLE!!!!

Well I'm glad I saw this thread, I had been wondering what OCer's experience with Ceramique compared to AS5 had been. I read an article that tested both and showed Ceramique was actually slightly better than AS5. But I still wasn't sure.
I think I'll get Ceramique next time I buy a CPU, as it's cheaper and non-conductive (Not that I'm going to be touching it during operation of computer, what whatever).

:burn:

haha, I HATE newegg.. :clap:

Anyways, I'm happy to be giving this ceramique a try. It's HELL trying to cleanoff regualar arctic silver(from my eperiences with AS III).

Back