• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SP2 and IE problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cuda

I finally got around to installing SP2 the other day and now I seem to have a problem. IE randomly shuts down with the standard BS message "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close...blah, blah, blah" Has anyone else encountered this?

never had a problem with SP2. I guess i'll consider myself lucky. I do know many have had problems.

have you tried repairing IE? Spyware/virii scanned?

On some A64 systems, SP2 randomly crashes in many different ways. I happen to have one of those systems. I have always been against windows updates, had problems in the past, so not installing it doesnt hurt me any.

Btw, have you considered using firefox? Its a lot more stable, gets much less spyware(generaly) and is faster to boot(pun intended).

Make sure you have all win updates related to ie. Having none is the worst thing you could do. Updates are there for a reason.

The only systems I have seen SP2 have issues on had SP2 installed prior to system cleaning - SP2 should be installed with a completely infection free system. If you had some remnant spyware components with their claws into IE, that could very well be the source of your problem, and is IMO the most likely reason why so many people have had "random" issues with it.

My system didn't start out that way, but it is now like that. I get random crashes of IE or IE just won't load pages for some reason. However like someone else said Firefox works like a charm.

Back