• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Query on video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Snatcher

Hi there,
I have this voodoo 5 agp 5500 and i am thinkin that i may get a geforce 2 mx 400. Would it perform better than my voodoo 5, i am wondering cause some reviews tell that it is a bit castrated and it is also darn cheap :)
I need help quickly, please!!

The mx400 is a good card, for its time the voodoo 5 was a great card. I'd say you're better off going with newer technology, but the leap won't be great... you might as well wait a few more months as card prices are always dropping, and for what you'd pay today for nominal benefits, I'd wait to get something more for the same $$.

So i would be better off waitin for the prices of the geforce gts or pro to drop ? but by that time the price for the voodoo 5 will also drop :(

It think with an 800mhz+ cpu you are probabally better with a kyro based card, it may not have a gpu like the geforce cards but it makes up for this with it's hsr and tile based rendering etc..

Grab up a RDEON 64 DDR vivo

The Radeon will solve all your probs, and give you image detail of unsurpassed quality and you can overclock em. performance will pretty well be on par to geforce 2 gts cards but video quality 2d and 3d is way better I believe, welcome to be corrected but I think I am right any takers lol......

cisco kid:D

Snatcher said:
So i would be better off waitin for the prices of the geforce gts or pro to drop ? but by that time the price for the voodoo 5 will also drop :(

yeah, but there will always be a voodoo market on eBay or to avid voodoo fans that lost their old card to age or the like. You won't be getting that much even now for it anyway.

I'd think the geforce 2 card will be cheaper in a few months once the demand drops for them and more people start migrating to the geforce 3 and Radeon 8500/7500 line.

I have a Radeon coming in the mail, so I agree that they're good... but for $150+ you are better off waiting.

Back