• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lower the temps...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flunders

Registered
Right I have a Asus Star Ice cooling a 3.2e O/C to 3.84 with 1.53 volts and the temps at around 60c degrees on full load. If I bought a THERMALRIGHT XP-120 with a good Fan do you think I can lower the temps? Or do you think the star ice is a better cooler than the xp-120?

Last edited:
Not bad, I didn't realize the Star Ice was that decent. It looks like a jet engine. :burn:
xp-120 with a good fan probably will lower temps, especially if you duct it, but it shouldn't lower temps drastically or anything. Maybe 5 degrees Celsius. 10 maybe if you lap it.

Doesn't necessarily have to bring cold air from outside, it can blow hot air outside.
What I meant specifically is placing a tube over the heatsink fan that leads directly out a fan on the side of the case. Doing so creates a vacuum that pulls hot air through and away from the CPU.

Duct = tube of some sort coming from outside of the case to bring in cold air
Check out the link in my signature and it will explain it all (this is my case in this article)

Dropped my temps like a rock using the stock HSF unit :clap:

Good Luck
Dave

Back