Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > AMD Motherboards
AMD Motherboards
Forum Jump

ATTN: 8kda3J rev2.0

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 11-02-04, 04:41 PM Thread Starter   #1
dreIU

ATTN: 8kda3J rev2.0

I sent my old 8kda3j for an RMA to newegg bc it had some serious issues with vcore fluctuations, and it cam back last week. Well I finally opened it, and guess what!! IT's a 2.0!!!!! It has active cooling for the chipset and they re worked the power management in order to prevent voltage fluctuations as the majority of rev 1.xx had.

Just wanted to let you guys know that they are in @ newegg!
dreIU is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 11-06-04, 08:36 AM   #2
CandymanCan
Disabled

Ok wait so the rev 2.0 boards or higher dont have a vcore issue ? You sure. Have u flashed to latest bios and overclocked a little bit to see if it truly is fixed ? That would be awsome if they fixed it.
CandymanCan is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-07-04, 01:32 PM Thread Starter   #3
dreIU

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandymanCan
Ok wait so the rev 2.0 boards or higher dont have a vcore issue ? You sure. Have u flashed to latest bios and overclocked a little bit to see if it truly is fixed ? That would be awsome if they fixed it.
Well, I just took it out of the box, I didn't install it (for me to do that, I would have to dismantle my whole rig). I am not sure if I will do that, I just dont have time at all. But I did read somewhere that it would be fixed (maybe on AOA forums, or a site that was linked on there). I am tempted to keep it and build a second system, but I am too poor atm for that.

I dont think you have anything to worry about, your mobo is doing fine from the looks of your oc.
Old 11-08-04, 02:25 AM   #4
CandymanCan
Disabled

Yea im just using that 5/14 bios that doesnt do the vcore drop's so im fine. I wanna upgrade to the DFI board in hopes my oc will improove a little bit tho.
Old 11-08-04, 03:34 PM Thread Starter   #5
dreIU

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandymanCan
Yea im just using that 5/14 bios that doesnt do the vcore drop's so im fine. I wanna upgrade to the DFI board in hopes my oc will improove a little bit tho.
I think that you shouldnt do that. It would be a waste of money IMO. You have a nearly awesome OC, and with the DFI, you might squeeze a few more MHZ out of it. Then you have to think about the costs: sell the Epox for 60 (if that, they are like down to 70bucks @ newegg ), and the DFI is about 135ish. Not worth it IMO, I would just keep my money for a more relevant upgrade (like 90nm down the road some time and PCI-e). Just my .02 .
Old 11-09-04, 08:07 PM   #6
IFZ24
Registered

I have the rev 2.2 from Newegg.... no undervolt problems at all... it overvolts instead

Vcore is set to 1.50v, BIOS and CPUZ show 1.65-1.70.... fluxuates depending on CPU load. Im still researching to see if there is a fix... if not I'll take a hit with the restocking fee and get a DFI instead.
IFZ24 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-09-04, 10:57 PM Thread Starter   #7
dreIU

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFZ24
I have the rev 2.2 from Newegg.... no undervolt problems at all... it overvolts instead

Vcore is set to 1.50v, BIOS and CPUZ show 1.65-1.70.... fluxuates depending on CPU load. Im still researching to see if there is a fix... if not I'll take a hit with the restocking fee and get a DFI instead.
overvolt all the time, or just when under load? Maybe the programs are reading the voltages wrong... does the temp change accordingly wiht the voltage?
Old 11-14-04, 10:19 AM   #8
CandymanCan
Disabled

well the overvolting happens with me 2 during load. That doesnt bother me its the undervoltoting with newer bios's that botherd me

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > AMD Motherboards
AMD Motherboards