• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI 9700pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SA66

Registered
What is the best way to overclock this vid card, are things like rage3d good and how much are people oc these safely.

Just be sure to take it in 3 to 5 mhz increments when testing. Run 3Dmark and watch for artifacts. You'll run into a wall pretty quickly with stock cooling unless you have a very lucky board...

PS, as far as safety goes, the odds of actually damaging the card from overclocking is slim. Just stay within reason, and make sure it's cooled adequately and I wouldn't worry about it at all. Set up your tweaking program to apply overclocks only as they are needed if you want to extend the life of your card. :mad:

Well, I just completed voltmodding mine and now it's cruising along at 400/700 which puts it a notch above the 9800PRO's! No doubt this will take a toll on the card's ultimate longevity, but I suspect it will still outlast my needs.

Back