• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max Multiplyer on 2500+ Mobile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

Hello,
Im just about to purchase a upgrade from a 2000+ Palomino...its about time too. And from reading hundreds of times, mobile processors are the way to go for Athlon XP's. I plan on buying this cpu, http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-401&depa=1 AMD Mobile Athlon XP 2500+, 266 FSB, 512K Cache, 45 Watt - OEM. Right now i only have slow ram, and i know the only way to get a good overclock is by fast ram, but i have to buy that later, but i can use all the speed i can get right now cuz my 2000+ is just about burnt out :( What is the max multiplyer on the 2500+M? I got PC 2100 ram that ive gotten up to 144fsb before which isnt very fast...but its cheap ram. If i can bump up that multiplyer i wont have to worry about new ram for a while. Whats the max multi on that proccessor if you guys know?

Hi!

If you have slow Ram, start with the default multiplier (I think it's 14 X 133) and then just keep increasing it 'till it won't post. After that, bump the voltage a little at a time and see how far you get.

nope. default is 133MHz *14 = 1862MHz
All mobile bartons run at 133MHz FSB, while the desktops run 166MHz.

edit: I'm a bit late I guess ;) deleted most of my post, as its obsolete now.

Tebore said:
He doesn't even need to do that, the NF7 allows for multiplers from 5-24.

OOPS!! did not know that and thank you Tebore for pointing that out

Wow....thanks alot guys, i Bump once BAM 7 replys :D Now im even more excited about getting a new cpu finnaly...Good bye 2000+ Palomino. The ram isnt to bad for older ram. 3x256 PC 2100 'Elixor' CAS 2.5 ram, it maxed out my 2000+ pally at 1.79 (1.8ghz) which is basicly the fastest a pally will get. Thanks alot guys, ill be sure to post what i get with my system...in about 4 weeks once i have the money :eek:

Back