• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64 3400+ NC Version 0.6 @ Superb Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dagalidis

My new toy is an A64 3400+ NC Version 0.6...
The best cpu i've ever had ... Until now my friends...

I will show you some Screens of Overclocking and TEST....

Screen 1 : My First Screen at 2650 @ 1.475 Vcore

Screen 2 : 2850 @ 1.6 Vcore - Not stable

Screen 3 : Central Brail Identifier Screen at 2700 @ 1,5Vcore

Screen 4 : 32 Sec SPI @ 2755 MHZ

Screen 5 : New undervolt record - 2700 @ 1.475 Vcore

Screen 6 : Hardcore FSB - 375 @ 2812 MHZ but not Stable yet

As you see my CPU A64 3400+ 0.6 NC combined with DFI LanParty UT NF3 250GT promissing why not close to 3GHz when my new PSU OCZ 520w arrive...

I will keep you informed.... :clap:

Yes me too, and 32 super PI at 2755, hu. My claw will do it at 2590.:-/

But a 0.6 or what ever looks to be clocking good. But thats on a good water system I guess.

SJ

Samurai Jack said:

Yes me too, and 32 super PI at 2755, hu. My claw will do it at 2590.:-/

But a 0.6 or what ever looks to be clocking good. But thats on a good water system I guess.

SJ

Yes my friend but you forgot something...
1st ) Clawhammer has 1MB Cache versus 512KB of NC
2nd) You are running mem at CL2 2-2-2 CMD 1T and i was at the Best CL 2.5 4-3-3-3 CMD 1T

If my MEM was able to run at your timings then probably 30Sec SPI was easy to make it..... :)

BTW EXOS watercooling is acting like a very good aircooling combo.... Is not something Extreme.....

Version 0.6 is the latest stepping of 754 Socket A64 CPUs, and some rummors told that based on sSSOI proccess...
This if is true explain much about superb oveclocking....
So if you want to buy a new CPU A64 754 then you must take 0434 (week 34 ) and after just to make sure you get sSOI..... :)

HI All,

What week are we on now I am getting a 3700 in the UK next week and the shop are getting in a new batch from the supplier so this should hope fully be a 0.6. I was just wondering what the current week was. Any one who knows please post back. Thanks

ok, i noticed your cas latency at 3, man thats high but whatever works. Can you post the numbers on your chip? I can still return mine (NC CG 3000+) and i have money to burn.

WOW Dagalitis, thoughs are some nice clocks man.

i see you wised up and diched your KV8 Pro as well eh?...hehe

after mine died twice, i gave up on em.

Your 3400+ seems to be busting mine, hehe, i guess the newer, possible SS, are doing much better........

Keep Clocking, and let us know how it goes......

-Jess-

Jess1313 said:
WOW Dagalitis, thoughs are some nice clocks man.

i see you wised up and diched your KV8 Pro as well eh?...hehe

after mine died twice, i gave up on em.

Your 3400+ seems to be busting mine, hehe, i guess the newer, possible SS, are doing much better........

Keep Clocking, and let us know how it goes......

-Jess-

Hi Jess :beer:
Abit KV8 Pro is history now my friend....

My new CPU probably busting your in MHZ but with 512KB cache missing, you are not so far in Performance ....

SS CPU is clocking well until you find a wall...
Its not able until now to get this A64 baby stable at 2800+ MHZ....
Is strange but i can have rock stable 2750 - 2770 MHZ @ 1.68 - 1.7 Vcore but NOT STABLE at 2800 MHZ even with 1.9 Vcore.....

Why ????
I realy dont know yet..... :-/

Dagalidis said:
Hi Jess :beer:
Abit KV8 Pro is history now my friend....

My new CPU probably busting your in MHZ but with 512KB cache missing, you are not so far in Performance ....

SS CPU is clocking well until you find a wall...
Its not able until now to get this A64 baby stable at 2800+ MHZ....
Is strange but i can have rock stable 2750 - 2770 MHZ @ 1.68 - 1.7 Vcore but NOT STABLE at 2800 MHZ even with 1.9 Vcore.....

Why ????
I realy dont know yet..... :-/

thats very strange man...

but i guess you didnt even know that i had a 3400 NC did ya?..HeHe. its an older one, adn cant seem to get above 2580 stable :-/

-Jess-

Dagalidis, can you update us on your progress, got your new PSU yet?

Can you make a sig showing all your hardware too? I'd like to know what kind of cooling setup your using.

Npetune3000 said:
i dont trust it. sandra benchies! if the FX55 cant do it with that low a Vcore i dont know how u can.
Luck of the draw. Sometimes the diamonds are found in the rough. These days skill is becoming less and less a factor, and much more the purity of the silicon.

________

Conrgrats! Glad you hit the jackpot

Alacritan said:
What gets me is this:

http://www.thelab.gr/attachment.php?s=&postid=119405

2.7Ghz at 31C. Even for an idle temp that's too low. At 2.5Ghz with a Storm G4, Mag 3 and 2 120mm Sanyo Denki's on my radiator my idle temp on a DFI Lanparty is 35C.

I want some Prime and load temp screens.

Yeah but everyone knows the DFI NF3 250GB mobo has a wildly inaccurate temp sensor. Heck I've seen a screenie that showed a oc'd CPU @ 28C with air.

I hold out hope this could be a SS-SOI part.

Back