• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

network+ study help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theMonster

Disabled
studying for the network+ CompTia exam now, does anybody have any tips on remembering all the layers, protocols and harware associated with the OSI model? I've been having a rough time with this part. I know what everything does, but remembering what belongs at which layer and what the subprotocols of the tcp/ip, netbeui and appletalk do. Also on a scale of 1-10, how hard did you N+ guys find this test? Thanks!

I'd quickly ditch that one as it's missing the Network level. Thanks anyway though. Even at that, that helps remembering the names of each level of the OSI but not what protocols and devices belong at which level. More ideas please! Anybody ever have any luck cheating at a CompTia test center?

If you have to cheat to pass, I wouldn't exactly be wasting the money to go write the test...

Best ways to remember? Read it. Practice it. Understand it. Teach it to someone else. Have someone drill you with questions. If you can make it through that... you're good to write it and you'll know it inside out.

Keiron said:
Please Don't Throw Sausage Pizza Away is a favorite in my CISCO class.
It's Please Do Not Throw Sausage Pizza Away

There's another about software, but I can never remember it.

best way, Pen Paper, write it out write it out write it out........
worked for me. Also put it all together as a table writing out a row at a time. When you get into the exam, first thiing you do is write it out on ths scrap paper. Not only do you then only have to remember it once but it tends to jog your memeory about other stuff as well.

cool tips. kepp em coming guys, a buddy of mine just failed his by 24pts and I don't want to share his fate.

Like was said above just write it down and practice asking yourself questions. From what I remember there really weren't all that many questions feffering specifically to the osi model, though there are lots referring to the various protocols. If I remember correctly I passed mine by over 100 pts I think I had a 760 think you need a 640. I thought it was easier than the A+ os exam.

Back