• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mounting Silverprop Fusion HL on 6800 Ultra with Clip Kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Achilles17

How are you suppossed to mount the Fusion HL on a 6800 ultra with the 6800 clip kit? None of then included screws fit in the 6800's mounting holes, so I dont see how I would do it. Yes, i do have the 6800 kit, not the FX kit, but all the same I just cant figure it out. If anyone could post pics, tell me how, or link me to somewhere where I can find out, that would be great. Thanks!

I emailed Jeremy (I had talked to him before when I was buying the block), and as usual, he was a great help. Turns out that the screws that appear to be too small for the holes are the ones you are suppossed to use to mount it, you just have to put the washers around them and such. I couldnt figure out the exact order (although I should have, by looking at the diagram a little closer), but now its mounted and ready to go. Thanks guys!

Unfortantly with the Gainward they wouldn't go through. Gainward has metal inserts in the hole that don't allow them to go. What I had to do was use the bottom stock retainer and stock hardware. You have to slightly bore the mounting kit holes with a pointed dremel bit so they will slide through.

Works like a champ and provides a tighter fit then the provided setup they give you. Ideally you would want to buy two of their mounting kits so you can attach all 4 corners instead of 2.

Jeff

Back