• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need your help building rig...need options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DSM4Life

Ok i am looking to build a computer. I have never done this but i think that i can pull it off. I need to know what the best MB/CPU is the best mix. I personally have always had AMD's CPU and i like them (not even sure why) but they have nevre giving my programs. My goal , i want a over all FAST Systems. The vid card and all that stuff coms secondary for me now cause i can easily research all that stuff but i need a strong foundation. The more i look into MB the more i learn but its still confusing , alot of info. I know i want a board that can easily be overclocked, has a fash FSB , also fast MHz. What combos do you guys recommend ? I want to start shopping around jst pricing things out.

Welcome to the forums. For future reference, try posting in the proper section of the forum... as this has nothing to do with Windows.

You must understand that there is no "best mix".... it all depends on 1) what you use your computer for (because intel and amd are faster then each other in different applications) and 2) how much you are willing to spend

Best thing to do is look at peoples sigs and see what combinations are often repeated.

yeah sorry about posting here i didnt see a hardware section, im new have mercy. I want to build a powerful PC not really a gaming rig or maybe but i will look around more thanks :beer:

undefined33WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!!!!

if youre going to use it for gaming purposes i would suggest an AMD. I like my setup. It works great. check it out.

Back