• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know where to find a 3400 1Meg Clawhammer with CG?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aReUTalKiNgToMe

Registered
Just as the title says, Im having trouble finding one of these in its retail form. All of the reliable sites are either out of the 3400+, or they dont display all of the proper info to tell which revision it is..

the 3700+ is the only guarantee and about the only claw still left. the rest are newcastles. but may I ask why youd want a claw when you can go s939 and get a winchester which is dual channel and overclocks better? a 3000+ winchester is cheaper as well! claws are old news to me, hello winchester!

I would wait for the SSE3 winchesters before going to that route. Even if it means waiting a few months. Or if you are like me and cant wait months, You can buy a Winchester like said above. The OEM versions of the 3000 winchester is only $15 more then the Newcastle on S754 now.

Yea, I already have a 754 socket motherboard, but don't worry this build isn't for me LOL. When I do go the route of building a new PC for myself I must surely will go with either the extreme or the less expensive; the FX-55 or perhaps a 3500 Winchester. The 55 is unlocked, so I hoping it could be fun to play around with, but the Winchester is cheaper, and you can acheive high clock speeds from the FSP alone, without the multiplier. EHhh,,,what to do...

sell the s754 mobo then and buy s939 and 3000+ winchester. They are unlocked downwards, who needs higher multipliers, that is what async ram is for! Those fx55 are nearly 900 bones and only a little better cause its 1mb cache vs. 512k and winchester 3000+ is below $200 now......

Back