• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help... Punkbuster crashes on ET

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bestmaxx

My punkbuster keeps causing my ET to crash. I get the message Punkbuster O/S exception notice. Does anyone know how to fix this problem... it is driving me insane... heres my system for info
MSI NEO2 865PE
3.2ghz proc (not oced)
6800 GT
SB AUD 2 plat
win xp pro (SP1)
antec 430 watt psu

i have updated drivers and patches for both the game, and every componet on my pc.

hmm...i occasionally get the same problem...have u tried just restarting your comp and going back into the game? thats all i do and it normally fixes it...OR try using a different server...some servers are just plain F'ed! I HATE THEM!

PS...ET is full of bugs(or something that just crashes and screws the hell outa it)...it crashes on me at least 2 or 3 times every day i play it (usually i play for 3-5 hours) 2 days a week...

/pb_security 1

do that from the console and see what happens. I usually get the os exception error when the game crashes. I have to reboot and restart the game to clear my previously failed connection.

I got pissed

I got pissed.. reformmated machine completely.. the only fING program on it now is Enemy Territory.. Opened it up.. 2 minutes later it crashed... I got pissed and came back 2 hours later and guess what???? same fing message... I have to play this game. I have updated pbweb i dont know how many time and i deleted the htm files... If someone can pinpoint and fix this problem i will send you $5 on paypal lol.. seriously though...i will

the /pb_security 1 didnt do anything but say in the console... /pb_security 1 (0=no or 1=yes)... <-- it said something to that affect..

Are you going through a router? If so there are some ports you need to open. Let me know and I'll pull my config. in my router and let you know.

I have port forwarding enabled for both TCP & UDP. I forward ports 27000-30000 to let wolf work correctly on my ip address.

Back