• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sunbeam Fan Controller Sources

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neonblingbling

Where could I pick up a Sunbeam fan controller that will not cost an arm to ship to Hawaii? For example, svc.com will charge about $30 for 2 day shipping. Yummy.

If there are none in my reach, any other 5.25" bay fan controllers will be fine. (Has to be able to handle this fan). Off hand, newegg and frozen cpu would probably be the cheapest for me. Frozen cpu can ship via priority mail, so it is reasonable. I will be ordering other things from newegg, so shipping from there shouldnt be bad.

Any leads would be very helpful and apreciated. Thanks!

neonblingbling said:
Where could I pick up a Sunbeam fan controller that will not cost an arm to ship to Hawaii? For example, svc.com will charge about $30 for 2 day shipping. Yummy.

If there are none in my reach, any other 5.25" bay fan controllers will be fine. (Has to be able to handle this fan). Off hand, newegg and frozen cpu would probably be the cheapest for me. Frozen cpu can ship via priority mail, so it is reasonable. I will be ordering other things from newegg, so shipping from there shouldnt be bad.

Any leads would be very helpful and apreciated. Thanks!

I got mine from directron. Check the link here from a week or two ago, about "Where can I find a sunbeam rheobus?". I forgot the webpage url.

It was $16.00 + $3 shipping. Came out to about $20 even.

Falkentyne said:
I got mine from directron. Check the link here from a week or two ago, about "Where can I find a sunbeam rheobus?". I forgot the webpage url.

It was $16.00 + $3 shipping. Came out to about $20 even.

$14.99 + $31.76 = $46.75. mmkay. NEXT! ;)

The next bet for me is off ebay. $30. :eh?:

EDIT: might be my savior! jab-tech! Only 4.90 for priority shipping! Dont know if to Hawaii, but if it is, that will be shweeet. Props to Falkentyne for slapping me to use the search feature.

Last edited:
Since shipping will be like this for basically any store, I would either look into making my own rheostat, or running the fan off the 5v, 7v, or 8.7v rail, the last two being "virtual" rails that you get by using either the 3.3v or 5v rail lines instead of the regular ground. It is a free mod, but make sure you have load on the rail that you use to ground the fan.

spdt switch(will give you 3 choices, off,low, hi) + a few resistors...
would probably cost around $3-4 at a radioshack

Use Ohm's law to calculate what resistor you need.

wire it up and mount it to an old drive bay cover :)

cheap.. and wont cost $30 to ship...

maybe you can try to trick them into shipping it ground..
lol

Last edited:
ewhenn said:
spdt switch(will give you 3 choices, off,low, hi) + a few resistors...
would probably cost around $3-4 at a radioshack

Use Ohm's law to calculate what resistor you need.

wire it up and mount it to an old drive bay cover :)

I would do that, but the SPDT slide switches are pretty ugly... any half decent onces, probably toggles, will cost at least $2 each. And needing more or less 4 channels..... I HAVE done it before. 12/7 and 5v switches. Just that, I often would like choices inbetween them, and get it in a package that is VERY clean.

Back