• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey guys, what's up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GT2000

It's been a good 6-7 months since I've made a post, figured I'd swing by for those that remember me (anyone...at all?). I've remained crunching with the 3 rigs in my machine all that time, and hardly paid any attention to my #'s. Broke 5 digits a long time ago, and, looks like I'll be popping into the top 100 of the team. I could use an update on the whole Boinc crap, as I messed with the first horrible beta and dropped it. Is it more mainstream, is it more stable?

I need to start reading through this forum again, get caught back up in the pc world, I've been playing FFXI since the PS2 release in March, and, well, it's my crack.

BTW, I like all the changes to the forums, lookin' nice.

BOINC, while still in its growing stages, has really grown up. I got sick of the constant "Out of Work" problems that plagued BOINC in its infancy, but lately its' been running fairly smoothly.

Only when a hardware malfunction occurred did the scheduler go down within the last... month. And even that was only for less than a day.

Overall, I would say BOINC is finally shaping up to be a worthy successor to the SETI CLI client that we all enjoyed running.

Hey good to see you around again. Boinc was pathetic for a long time, but for the past month and a half it's been running about 90% of the time. I suspect they'll be shutting down classic seti in the next three months. Give it another try and see what you think.

I see, yeah, I may switch over to it after the original ceases to exist. For now I'm gonna continue to be lazy and just let the old client run.

Glad to see you again GT2000..... As it had been said BOINC seems to finally reaching a more mature status so give it a try and see if you like it more ;) :beer:

good to see you GT. Keep on crunching classic,, we need a strong finish. boinc will be there to fiddle with later.. tho Im leaning twords folding or weather modeling. may let boinc run on the p4. just have to see...

psy

Back