• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X temperature help PLEASE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jay23

Hello, My a7n8x has 2 temp-readers(like all the others)
It has the diode and the socket, the socket is reading 37*C and the Diode is reading 51*C (these about 30% load temps)

which temp should I beleive? Ambient temps are no more then 24*C(Usually lower because I live on the basement floor)

I think both temps are correct, the one that refects closely to the cpu die temp is the diode, you will notice that this temp changes quickly acording to the cpu load. The socket temp shoud change more slowly and the temps are smaller because the reader is not in direct contact with the cpu.

Khufu is right. If you are using asus probe it will report the socket temp as your cpu temp which is wrong. The cpu temp in your bios is also the socket temp. Its a known snafu from asus methinks. I only pay attention to my case and diode temps.

Back