• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Router firewall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

galador

If I have a built in firewall on my router, do I need Zone Alarm or any other firewall installed installed also? I am using a D-link 604. I would love to remove Zone Alarm because sometimes it interferes with my gaming.

yeah you pretty much don't need it. Not saying it doesn't help, as it does add more protection, it's just really it doesn't need that much. First thing to remember is hackers really don't care about your PC, I mean everyone is paranoid but the reality is your not going to get hacked most likely. Secondly just having a secure router basically "takes you outa the low hanging branch area" so basically if a hacker is looking around they wouldn't waste their time on your PC because the router is a nice hardware firewall when they can go find a much easier open and less secure target.

Back