Notices

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Seti Team
Seti Team Search the stars with Overclockers SETI Team! Is ET really out there? How do worm holes and black holes work? We can find out with your help.
Forum Jump

What Would You Like to See?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 11-07-04, 05:10 PM Thread Starter   #1
TC
Senior Seti Addict

10 Year Badge

What Would You Like to See?

Now that Boinc seems to be fairly stable I think it's time to start thinking in terms of shifting our web site over to boinc coverage. Given the fact there are a number of stats sites already up, what do you think we should put on ours? Seems a little pointless to simply mirror stats from other sites, but that's about all we can do at this point in time. I'd like to see some suggestions.

Old 11-07-04, 06:05 PM   #2
skab

This is the site I've been using, seems to have most of what I need to see; http://www.setisynergy.com/stats/teams.php?team=30199
skab is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-07-04, 07:41 PM   #3
bchur83

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by skab
This is the site I've been using, seems to have most of what I need to see; http://www.setisynergy.com/stats/teams.php?team=30199

Thats the one I have been using. I like their layout of the site. I think we should have our own stats site though.

Main Rig: Asus P8Z68 Pro Gen3 * Core i7 2600K @ 4.4Ghz * 8GB (2x 4GB) Mushkin Blackline PC3-1600 * GeForce GTX 560TI 448 1280MB * 6TB Storage * LG BD/RW * Lian-Li PC-V2000B * Dell 24" 2407FPW & Asus 24" VS248H
Backup Rig: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P * C2Q Q9400 @ 3.2Ghz * 4GB (2x 2GB) G-Skill PC2-8000 * Sapphire Radeon 4870 512MB * 320GB Storage * Samsung SH-S203N DVD+/-RW * Apex Full Tower Case * 2x Dell 19" LCD
HTPC: Abit IP35PRO * C2D E6600 @ Stock * 2GB G-Skill PC6400 * Geforce 8600GT 256MB * 640GB Storage * Lite On 16x DVD-ROM * 55" Samsung 1080p 3D LED LCD via HDMI

Media Server: DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D * A64 3800+ X2 * 1GB PC3200 * Powercolor X800XL * 14TB Storage * Lite On 16x DVD-RW

Heatware
bchur83 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-07-04, 08:39 PM   #4
Psykoikonov

I use that site as well but they don't update as often as I'd like. I also like the old team graph showing our slope versus other teams. Hopefully this new Seti version 4.07 will be stable as well. Downloaded units are coming up in my cache soon.

Old 11-07-04, 09:00 PM   #5
ewl2

i use setisynergy too, but we ought to add stats that are more specific to our team. I like the idea of re-doing the team slope graph. Adding a "days to overtake" would be great i loved that feature in the seti classic "setiatwork site".
ewl2 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-07-04, 09:38 PM   #6
Cy

I would second a wish for our own stats that update as frequently as possible and for the Team graph, that was a really nice feature and much appreciated. :-)

Other than that I hope that as BOINC continues to mature we will see more and more of the team switch over to really give us a big push! As always, we can use all the help we can get. :-)

Cy
Cy is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-07-04, 10:23 PM   #7
Stryfe

I second the idea of a "days to overtake" a la setiatwork.com
And also if the page could update every hour or two that would be great.

I really like the icons that have been used for the Seti Classic stats on our site. (The jackets, the little torch, etc)

What about a total production for different ranks? Like the top 50's average credit is X, the top 51-100's average credit = X, and so on. Although that stat wouldn't be overly useful it would still be interesting to see.

I'm going to go look at some stats sites and brainstorm.

*EDIT: We should think of some way to promote people switching to BOINC to coincide with the new stats when they're ready. If we can get more people soon we have a good shot at finding a home in the top 10 teams.

Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.8ghz------------Intel Core i5 750 @ 4.0ghz
Thermalright Venomous X----------------Thermalright Ultra 120
Asus P8Z68-V Pro-------------------------Asus P7P55D Pro
2x4096mb Patriot DDR3 1600-----------2x2048mb Patriot DDR3 1333
eVGA GTX 670 2gb -----------------------Asus Radeon 5850 1gb
Samsung 840 Pro 240gb-----------------Samsung F1 1TB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit----------------Windows Server 2k8 R2 64bit
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Heatware

Last edited by Stryfe; 11-07-04 at 10:43 PM.
Stryfe is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-08-04, 06:32 PM   #8
texasfit

I also mainly use SetiSynergy to look at our team stats but I agree that we should have our own site. I believe it is also a tool that can help to add new members. The format that we already have seems very good to me. The rank with the icons showing the torch and rotating milestone's achieved is a nice touch that I have not seen on other boinc sites. The color coded names of Red, Yellow, Blue and Green also make it stand out as being different from other sites that I have viewed.
texasfit is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-08-04, 07:30 PM   #9
rajausa

I as well use the Setisynergy site it has mostly what im looking for , but i know im new to the team could i suggest that maybe you might want to consider also having a symbol or symbols with color or degree indicating weather or not u use water cooling or peltier cooling or both and or to have feature to show none iff not . It would sort of go with the territory "OverClockers". Just a suggestion ; thats all.
rajausa is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-08-04, 08:53 PM   #10
JigPu
Inactive Pokémon Moderator

10 Year Badge

Graphs if they're possible is my biggest thing Something like BOINCStats provides when you look up your username. That, and "days to overtake" or (if we get graphs) the ability to superimpose two/several people's production graphs.

JigPu

.... G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage ............. 8 GiB ..... 1600 MHz ............ 1.25 V
.... OCZ Vertex 3 ................................. 120 GB ............. nilfs2 ..... Arch Linux
.... Kingwin LZP-550 .............................. 550 W ........ 94% Eff. ....... 80+ Plat
.... Nocuta NH-D14 ................................ 20 dB ..... 0.35 C°/W ................ 7 V

"In order to combat power supply concerns, Nvidia has declared that G80 will be the first graphics card in the world to run entirely off of the souls of dead babies. This will make running the G80 much cheaper for the average end user."
"GeForce 8 Series." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. 7 Aug 2006, 20:59 UTC. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. 8 Aug 2006.
JigPu is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-08-04, 10:34 PM   #11
Cy

I also like Rajausa's idea to use icons to indicate the user of specific OC methods. :-)

Cy
Cy is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-09-04, 07:21 PM   #12
psyshack

dancing girls,, fast bikes and cars with a splash of warez... Well yeah asked

psy
psyshack is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-10-04, 12:29 AM   #13
Stryfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajausa
I as well use the Setisynergy site it has mostly what im looking for , but i know im new to the team could i suggest that maybe you might want to consider also having a symbol or symbols with color or degree indicating weather or not u use water cooling or peltier cooling or both and or to have feature to show none iff not . It would sort of go with the territory "OverClockers". Just a suggestion ; thats all.
I like the idea of having extra info that could be submitted by team members. It would be nice to see a profile associated with the user listing the machines in their farm and their specs. Possibly amalgamating the host stats from BOINC with info added by team members who care to setup a profile.
I think something like this would give the stats a team focus. They would allow you to see what you're up against when it comes to moving up our ranks and also to see what kind of setup gives what output.

Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.8ghz------------Intel Core i5 750 @ 4.0ghz
Thermalright Venomous X----------------Thermalright Ultra 120
Asus P8Z68-V Pro-------------------------Asus P7P55D Pro
2x4096mb Patriot DDR3 1600-----------2x2048mb Patriot DDR3 1333
eVGA GTX 670 2gb -----------------------Asus Radeon 5850 1gb
Samsung 840 Pro 240gb-----------------Samsung F1 1TB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit----------------Windows Server 2k8 R2 64bit
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Heatware
Stryfe is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-10-04, 06:57 AM   #14
SunRedRX7

Is the revamped team site going to included total BOINC statistics for those of us that are multi-project?

I'd like to see the continuation of the challenge graph, and how the current site also shows your past weeks daily totals.

Thanks for your continuing commitment to the site and team.

SETI@home, Climate Prediction, Einstein@Home, Predictor@home, LHC@home
Click here to visit The BOINC/SETI section of the forums
Click here to visit The Team32 Folding section of the forums

Heatware
SunRedRX7 is offline SETI Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-10-04, 11:49 AM   #15
eaglescouter
Frustrating Senior SETI Nut!

10 Year Badge

I would suggest taking the stat's from our Classic Seti page and mirroring them for BOINC. In particular I would like to see Boinc stats that cover:
1. Top 100 daily (or weekly or monthly) crunchers
2. A passing lane to show how long till I can catch a particular user. (With boinc stats being somewhat fuzzy on timing perhaps a moving 30 day average production instead of the one week avg used in classic?)
3. A team page that shows me in my position relative to the rest of my team.

#4 in the 20 Million SETI Club
Top 4 Producer for BOINC Seti Many GHz of Seti Crunching Power!
Number 18 Seti Classic Cruncher

Member of the Phase Cooled 6Ghz Club
[SG] Halo Custom Edition Clan Leader
eaglescouter is offline SETI Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-10-04, 12:15 PM   #16
ewl2

2 additional things

stryfe: unfortunatly at this point Berkely is only publishing the stats once a day so the stats sites can't update any more frequently.

another really cool option would be to automate the team races. I know some other boinc stats site claims they do it, i'm not sure which one. graphs for thsi would be good too. I'm notice people love graphs
ewl2 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-10-04, 05:02 PM   #17
zexmarquies01

i'm simple in my wants.

i just want a Boinc stats page, that updates more often. instead of only once a day.

Thats all i ask for.

EVGA GTX 460
HAF 932 Tower

"Talking about how fast you beat a game is like talking about how fast you are in bed."
Do you like Anime? Then join the OCF anime club! OCF Anime Club Click here, and click JOIN!
zexmarquies01 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-10-04, 05:41 PM Thread Starter   #18
TC
Senior Seti Addict

10 Year Badge

There are plenty of good ideas raised here. I'm not sure how well some of them will work given the way boinc stats are calculated and how often they update. It's not possible to do some of the old predictions since boinc stats do not increment in regular sequential numerical order. I'm hoping we can get some volunteers familiar with php and xml to help work out the new page. Any takers?

Old 11-10-04, 06:47 PM   #19
Mictlan
Senior OC BOINC User

10 Year Badge

I'll look if I can device some kind of file like the one I'm using to keep track of our progress and do some statistical analysis to show the overtake ability.

Something to look forward (as soon as I have some time) is a revamped (or almost final) Challenge Graph for Seti@Home Classic Look for it soon

Join the ONLY team to crunch for!!!!!
Now backed up by the Danish Jedi Alliance
"We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here. We are respectable, for we share our bounty. We will endure, for we continue to grow. We will continue to grow as long as those who come to us find what they need for their own betterment, and the betterment of those who follow after them."
Mictlan is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-13-04, 06:41 AM   #20
Dk Jedi Allianc

I like this summary that OC-Uk has

link

Combined with a graf it would besweet.
Dk Jedi Allianc is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Seti Team
Seti Team Search the stars with Overclockers SETI Team! Is ET really out there? How do worm holes and black holes work? We can find out with your help.