• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Possible Price Cuts for A64's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fateshammer

That's according to Planet3DNow!
Here's the Babel Fish translation from German:
AMD wants to motivate system integrators obviously to equip their Weihnachts PCS with AMD Athlon 64 or AMD Sempron processors. According to our information AMD plans a temporary unofficial price reduction for various AMD processors in the phase between 8 November and 26 December. By it the following processors are affected:
- AMD Athlon 64 3500+
- AMD Athlon 64 3400+
- AMD Athlon 64 3200+
- AMD Athlon 64 3000+
- AMD Athlon 64 2800+
- AMD Sempron 3100+
This could be another merry christmas for those endlessly waiting. :santa:

Thanks for the information fateshammer. Any word on when we'll start seeing these price cuts at online resellers like newegg and zipzoomfly?

I allready got my 3000+ for 148€. I mean how low can they go? The barton 2500+ is more expensive than it was 14 months ago.
Very nice to see AMD is lowering it's prices thought!

Freya said:
Thanks for the information fateshammer. Any word on when we'll start seeing these price cuts at online resellers like newegg and zipzoomfly?
No problem. I couldn't find any info about those for Newegg and ZZF though.

mustrum said:
I allready got my 3000+ for 148€. I mean how low can they go? The barton 2500+ is more expensive than it was 14 months ago.

Is that currency pounds? How does that translate into us dollars?

Freya said:
Is that currency pounds? How does that translate into us dollars?
That's Euros. That's 181.88$. May sound like uch to you since you get it cheaper in the US but hardware is a lot more expensive in europe generally.
A 6800 GT is as much as an ULTRA in the US for example.

mustrum said:
May sound like uch to you since you get it cheaper in the US but hardware is a lot more expensive in europe generally.
A 6800 GT is as much as an ULTRA in the US for example.

That's true, unfortunatelly :(

Please note that the news says "temporary unofficial price reduction", which doesn't neccessarily mean the CPUs go down in price for us- the users. Maybe the shops don't let us feel it.

Due to the difference in markets. The best thing to do is simply apply the precentage price cut, to the prices in your market, as those should be the same.

mustrum said:

AXP prices have increased to make their 64-bit lineup more attractive. By increasing the price of Bartons and decreasing the price of their A64's, AMD hopes to sway their cost and performance-conscious consumers to the newer product. However, don't expect prices to decrease significantly until the E revision chips begin to ship.

deception``

Back