• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Video output from A8V Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimmyzdc

Registered
Hello everyone!

Ok this weekend I was helping my brother-in-law put together his new AMD rig. Well after getting everything in we go to boot it up and there is no video output. I can here all the hard drives spinning up and everything else powers up. I don't think its anything with settings or jumpers but I'm not super familiar with this motherboard. Also we tried 2 different video cards that we made sure worked in our other system. But still a no go. I also tried just running the PC with nothing connected but the video card and still nothing.

Anybody have any ideas? I have a bad feeling its just bad and we are gonna have the exchange it... :-/

His Rig includes:

Silverstone TJ05 Case
Asus A8V Deluxe
ENERMAX Noisetaker Series 470W Power Supply
AMD Athlon 64 -- 3500
Kingston HyperX 1 GB ( I think its PC3200)
Pioneer DVD Burner
Lite-On DVD Rom
Western Digital 74GB Raptor 10,000 RPM
Western Digital 200GB 7,400 RPM
Nvidia GeForce 5900 (6800 Coming Soon -- Shipping)
Creative Audigy 2

Thanks for any help!
Jaime

what monitor? Did you try removing the CMOS battery thereby resetting the BIOS?
Post more info and I'm sure somebody will help you. Also look in the General Hardware section for troubleshooting guides (the stickys).

Back