• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New case...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerileous

My case is begining to become a pain.

I have 2 goals, quiet and easier transportation.

My current case is an antec clone, the kind everyone has with 4 5 1/4 bays and 2 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans (80mm). A few things, I am looking for a case with Aluminum construction, im tired of having a 40 pound computer that I have to lug to lans, and it gets ground into my face every time I go to a lan because my friend has my exact same case except Aluminum and its SOOO light. Secondly, I dont want to get any smaler, if anything, larger would be better.

For cooling, I think that instead of the quad 80mm system I am runing right now, I would like a dual 120mm system, it seems like it would be alot better at moving lots of air with low noise.

For overclocking I would like to keep my 2500+ between 2.2 and 2.3 ghz (2.2 can be maintained @ stock voltage).

Water is tempting but I dont think my case is big enough for much of a system, but I always have to consider going for water instead of a new case (they would cost aobut the same).

Basically, I want a big lian li server at half the cost. Sorry for my incoherance, i get a bit loopy sometimes. Any ideas?

Look at some chieftec server towers...they are fairly sturdy and can support a water cooling system should you ever take that avenue. Usually those are fairly inexpensive and pretty attractive.

Back