• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD XP Mobile with nice o/c!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cr@sh_D1n3r

Hello all!

I'm new to this forum and I've got a nice o/c reached to show :D what u guys think of it? It's run from my brand new custom phase-change system to the test!

Attachments

• pr.JPG
    pr.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 183
Saayyy Waaa??? :D 3.1 Ghz? Man you need to share some of that power (psssttt. fold for mtb856 team 32 ;) )

That's an awesome overclock man. What temps are you running at that? Have any pics of your setup?

Haha , I knew your guys would like it!

ok for pics I can't right now as I don't have any cams but I will in a near future (like a few days). I didn't tried to bench the cpu @ 3,1 yet but I will soon. Here's one @ 3ghz in sandra : http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/crashd1n3r/3.JPG As for temps, I get 7c on load (evap is @ -30c, -50c unloaded)

L12 the NF7-S, run tictac or merlin and explore higher fsb clocks, perhaps at limit, but maybe 3.2?
:cool:

I couldn't run prime @ 3100mhz because the system wasent stable. I probably need more voltage, but I didn't find any vcore mod for my board :confused: My ram is pc3200 and I never tried to overclock it further than 210 yet. I had better luck with higher multi than high fsb. I had an mobile 2600 but I killed it somehow and that cpu was doing 2950 mhz with my "old" waterchiller that I made. I'll start real overclocks when my board will be better insulated as ice was forming up so I was a bit nervous of killing something :p

Anyway maybe I'll just buy better ram and try to put the fsb way higher :D . I was wondering, what is the highest clock done with an AMD cpu yet? Beware, next step is ln2 haha (I already got a cylinder of ln2 :burn: )

Yeah, ice formation is probably a bad sign. Probably should insulate your board. You should see if you can hit a high fsb and multiplier at the same time. What ram do you have? Test it using memtest to see how high it will run without error.

Im shooting for 3+ ghz too. im at 2.9 with 2.03 volts on my Mach II, i cant get the vcore higher than 2.1 volts at the moment though, so im being held back. but i just bought 2x 400 watt PSU's on ebay for $1! (plus shipping ;)) when they get here im gonna see what this baby does at 2.2 volts :D

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
Im shooting for 3+ ghz too. im at 2.9 with 2.03 volts on my Mach II, i cant get the vcore higher than 2.1 volts at the moment though, so im being held back. but i just bought 2x 400 watt PSU's on ebay for $1! (plus shipping ;)) when they get here im gonna see what this baby does at 2.2 volts :D

Yeah, I think I need new psu too. I'll go and buy 2 new 500W brand name psu :burn: BTW my board is now insulated! I just saw that my NB is below room ambiant temperature so I think nb cooling isnt a problem yet :p I just can't wait to bring that beast to the next lan party hehe!

Cr@sh_D1n3r said:
Yeah, I think I need new psu too. I'll go and buy 2 new 500W brand name psu :burn: BTW my board is now insulated! I just saw that my NB is below room ambiant temperature so I think nb cooling isnt a problem yet :p I just can't wait to bring that beast to the next lan party hehe!
yeah, both psu's i got were Sparkle's (which is basically Fortron, which is considered one of the best) i was amazed at the deal, in a few days ill see what i can really do. you plan to lug a phase system to a LAN??

Cr@sh_D1n3r said:
haha of course I will! I'll win both o/c and case mod contest! :D
man, my comp is freakin' heavy with the phase bolted underneath, it takes like 2 people to just lift...then again i dunno what your case looks like. got any pics? :D

oh well no pics yet but it should come. The great thing with mine is that everything is in the tower! Unlike yours, my compressor is from rotary type so it's high but not large. I removed my hdd racks in my antec PLUSVIEW1000AMG so the compressor fit in it as I put my hdds in a cdrom rack. My condenser is made from a a/c conderser cut in half with a copper plate fan shroud with 3 120mm (defenately overkill!) I like to polish it, it looks like a mirror lol! pics to come soon!

Back