• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Project Announcement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vsalt2

Title says most of it.

I'm taking on a new project now that my cpu's are where I want them.. Time to overclock the video card.

I have a Radeon 9700 Pro, don't have the original hsf because I bought it on ebay, and when it arrived it had a vantec iceberg thing on it that lights up blue. I don't see why anyone would want to light up their radeon blue since radeons are red, but some guy did and now I have it :)

I'll let you know how I make out in this thread, oh and wish me luck!

I get like...5900 with my Radeon 9800 PRO. Thats cuz im cpu limited...keep pushing it till you get 5400 :)

Download ATITool & start pushing the clock speeds. I got my 9550 to 440/300 artifact & error free (I am going to replace my Crystal Orb & put a nice big 50mm heatsink with a nice big 50mm fan on it & see if I can get more core out of it). It plays halo great. You should be able to see good performance out of your card too. The IceBerg4 (your GPU Cooler) is a good cooler. I put one on my bro's Sapphire piece of junk 9600 Pro. It wont go farther than 350/250 which is kinda sad since my 9550 cost 1/2 as much & performs better. You should add some ramsinks to the memory as well if they aren't there. That will let you overclock your RAM a little further in some cases. In any case its just a good thing to do & looks cool. I recommend cutting up 486 heatsinks for the ramsinks. You can also buy them online.

Ramsinks Installed, they look rather nice. Also the card has a vantec iceberq on it.

was able to pull in 5730 3d2003 marks, this was running it at 353/335. It was the highest I could go without artifacting, though I did clock it 2-3 sliders down from there for stability.

Back