• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I overclock this POS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scoobydoo

I have a E-Machine 533id2 with a 533 Celeron processor. I am sure that that chip would probably be a good overclocker.

It has a Phoenix Bios and an Intel 814 chipset(I think). There are no adjustable settings in the bios for FSB or multiplier.

What can I do to O/C it?

Here are the other specs:
256 PC100 Ram
Samsung 8x DVD-Rom
15GB Hard Drive

OEM--manufactured PCs are typically poor overclcokers for a variety of reasons. The chip could be, but the system/motherboard will only be a headache. Next upgrade, build your own system by hanging out here and learning how
:).

Thanks I figured that and your right it is an 810 chipset not a 814. I only really wanted to raise the FSB from 66MHz to 100MHz anyway. I am only using the machine to check email and hook to my Home Theater to play MP3 through WMP.

It works fine for that and if there is no way to easily overclock it I will just let it be, besides I am sure the e-machine power supply really sucks anyway;)

If it was a ppga 533 then you may be able to get it up to 600mhz using softfsb, if it was an fc-pga 533a then you may be able to get it to 800mhz+, if theres a jumper on the board for setting bsel to a 100mhz fsb setting then it's likely to be as simple as that, otherwise you would need to modify a pin on the cpu, and by that I mean either insulating it or removing it, I'll just go find which pin it is

Back