• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions from a "sound n00b"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KidJethro

I've got a pretty decent system with the exception of my aging SB Live card. I have an Audigy2 ZS Platinum on the way. I also have a decent home theater set up. I'm a gamer mostly, so I use a headset for that.(Plantronics Audio90) I'd like to beable to listen to MP3's etc, on the HT speakers, and games on my headset obviously. My stereo reciever is a JVC-RX7030V. How would this work with the Audidgy card? I assume it would go from the digital out on the card to the digital in on my reciever? Can I leave the headset plugged in at the same time? I ask, becasue now, to use my Klipsch Promedia 4.1 speakers, I have to get behind the case and swap wires which is a pain in the a$$. Am I going to have to do this with the Audidgy card too? Please forgive my ignorance on the subject, I'm pretty much an audio newb. :beer:

Well if you want to play games on the HT you could do it...but if you just want headphones for games then yes you could just connect a optical cable from the audigy to the receiver and just use the headphone jack on the receiver whenever playing games...you'll just get stereo sound on the headphones then.

Back