• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It's About Time!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just for comparison sake my 2GHz dothan thinkpad averages about 1:25 per unit with classic seti and about 2:05 with boinc.

i cant wait for this to become more mainstream and maybe with a little ramping up of the fsb and of course cheaper procs...

Daewood said:
i cant wait for this to become more mainstream and maybe with a little ramping up of the fsb and of course cheaper procs...

Agreed... I hate noise... just for the noise reduction I would go for the M... Now, all we need is a decent chipset and a tier one mobo mfgr to get involved...

Pentium desktop = $$$$$.

Pentium M 1.6 GHZ = $200
Pentioum M motherboard = $200-$300

Too expensive for the performance as compared to Athlon64 solutions. Maybe when the prices drop, then we'll talk.

katelin said:
Pentium desktop = $$$$$.

Pentium M 1.6 GHZ = $200
Pentioum M motherboard = $200-$300

Too expensive for the performance as compared to Athlon64 solutions. Maybe when the prices drop, then we'll talk.

Yes, I'll wait too... after the first 3-6 months prices tend to drop into my range...

Morpheus said:
Agreed... I hate noise... just for the noise reduction I would go for the M... Now, all we need is a decent chipset and a tier one mobo mfgr to get involved...

Both DFI and Epox are making MBs for these chips. Its already posted on the forums somehere. Its about $200 for the DFI MB.

Back