• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stop error question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jabbathehut21

Registered
Everytime I try to run WoW or SWG, I get this error:

*** STOP: 0x00000008e (0xc0000005, 0x000002dd, 0xb2c49cc8, 0x00000000)

It's on the BSOD of course, but I get no file errors. Currently I'm running an Athlon64 3400+ on a gigabyte k8ns pro, with an ATI radeon 9800 pro and a 160gb seageate PATA hdd. I'm wondering if maybe my PSU is pooping out when it tries to load the higher graphics of the games. I just built this system, and the case came with a 350w PSU. I d/led sisoftsandra to make sure that was hopefully the only problem, and all the temps were good except for the PSU, it was sitting around 72 C. Any help with this is appreciated cuz i can't game on my gaming system lol.

Vcore1: 1.65v
Vcore2: 2.61v
+3.3v: 3.18v
+5v: 3.41v
+12v: 12.16v
-12v: -2.49v
-5v: 1.59v
+5v: 3.52v
Vbat: 4.08v

PSU temp 72C

Ok, I've flashed the BIOS with the current updates, ran memtest which was ok, and changed the one IRQ conflict, but still get the error :(

So i brought it to this computer guy in town, and he tells me its my board.....but he really dislikes gigabyte boards so i don't know what to think about that. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me that it would be my board, when everything works up until i'm getting really graphic intensive. I didn't pick up the new PSU though cuz he told me to call gigabyte....

Well through trial and error, I finally figured out what the problem was. For some odd reason, my firewall was causing a kernal error everytime my video card would run up. Since i disabled it I have had ZERO problems :D Thanks to everyone who tried to help me :)

Back