• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ha ha...some companies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

memory remains

Ok, which computer would you rather have?

Computer A:
Athlon FX-53
(does not specify M/b)
Zalman CNPS7000 CPU cooler
1Gb Corsair TwinX PC3200
Ati Radeon X800 256mb
500Gb 7200rpm SATA-150 hd
pextor 12x dvdrw
combo 7in1 floppy
SB Audigy 2 ZS
Klipsch 5.1 sound
XP home edition
all for $3999 (this is an add in a magazine)

OR

Computer B:
Athlon FX-55
Asus A8V Deluxe M/b
1Gb OCZ Gold PC3500
Zalman Flower Cooler
2x 74Gb Raptors 10,000rpm
eVGA Geforce 6800 Ultra 256mb
SB Audigy 2 ZS Gamer
Samsung 12x DVDRW
5.1 Cyber Acoustic 140W Sound
XP Professional
ACER 17" LCD display
all for $3999 (from my business)

HAHA which one do you think is better?

The latter seems like a better deal. I personally don't need that much HD space, and those raptors are screaming fast,also a faster CPU is in there and an 17" LCD...
But to be honest, I'd just build my own system, with the exact hardware of my choice, although the hardware in those systems is pretty damn sweet.

$4000!!
Thats way too expensive, even for an FX-55/6800 Ultra rig.
I think you can get a decent WC setup for less than that.
But if somebody else is paying :D
Nice list though :):sigh:: I can only dream about an FX 55)

Both are horrible choices from a financial perspective. While each system includes the most up-to-date components, know that good performance can be had for much less. You would be wise to completely push such extravagent set-ups out of your head, and instead concentrate on some of the newer developments of our industry. Since you have an A64 now, do not upgrade until:

1. The release of the NF4 or Radeon Xpress chipsets

2. s939 motherboards begin to mature

3. PCIe video cards pop up at reasonable prices

deception``

i know the price is horrible...but i was just trying to state that i could still charge 4,000 for a system with more and better components and still have almost over 1,000$ in profit. I mean i can build a a64 system that isn't fx55 and run just as good if not better..and still be a few hundred cheaper.

oh and i have my own business..just a basic computer repair business. I do built custom PC's also...nothing major basically my second job not my primary.

I don't know. Samsung and Cyber Acoustics are certainly not choices I would make. And that 'Flower Cooler' is a bit iffy as well. And for the price of a 17" LCD, I could get a much nicer 19" or 20" CRT with far superior resolution and response time. I'd take an FX-53 over an FX-55 just because there's a marginal performance difference and the considerable amount of cash saved could be put towards better audio and video components.

well think of it from this point of view, people who don't know anything about computers, and just want a fast one for themselves or just like to play games probably don't know that a CRT has higher gamma and resolution rates than and LCD display...and alot of people like the LCD because it is flat and saves alot more space, personally i would take a nice 21" CRT myself over a 19" LCD or an LCD of the same size.

The Samsung was just something i found real quick, i can put a sony in there, and still be the same price, or even a Lite-on...and as for the speakers...those were fast too, personally i would have logitech, certain creative set-ups, or a home made one.

I was just trying to make a point that those companies totally screw the consumer, and the Flower Cooler is a good cooler..but either way i can even run a Low-end water cooling setup in it cost damn near the same and run MUCH cooler. (i'm running a low end cooling system and it works great) But with a Low-end you can't over clock too much, just a bit, but with the low-end setup i have i can OC over 600Mhz on it.

So really it depends on the consumer and what they want in the computer, this was basically just a comparison to what i could build that had LCD samsung (which is fine) and a 5.1 surround. Either way we both rip you off, but i at least give you a lil more for the money ;)

thanks for the replies. I just wanted to see what you all thought about it.

Back