• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual channel memory problems!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flanders

I recently built a new high spec system but I have one very annoying problem that I can't seem ot find the answer to anywhere.

My new OCZ "PC3200 EL Dual Channel Kit" RAM (2 X 512mb) will not run with my MSI KN8 Neo2 Platinum motherboard. Every time I try to boot up I get a repeated beep noise from the mobo (this indicates a RAM problem with AWARD bios). I have read many forums suggesting it is a problem with the BIOS and I've tried resetting the BIOS and nothing changes. I have tried some other RAM in the mobo and it works fine. I have checked the OCZ website and Im pretty sure it's compatible with my mobo ( http://www.ocztechnology.com/support/motherboard/100 ). The Neo2 board has 4 memory slots and I have tried pretty much every combination (even just one module by itself) with no luck.

Please let me know if you have any ideas what could be my problem. Thanks in advance.

yes I resetted the BIOS by switching the jumpers and removing the battery just to make sure.

Back