• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VIA Southbridge bug ????+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Uther

Registered
Why when i install the 4in1 drivers (4.32) on my ASUS A7V mobo the southbridge does not "recognize" my HDD in the device manager ? it has DMA enabled though ....what can i do

Do you have the hard drive connected to the standard IDE motherboard connectors or the "Promise" ATA 100 connectors?

How old is the hard drive? You may have to enter the parameters manually. Post more information about your system.

Same here! I was thinking that it was normal that windows couldn't tell what my HDDs are. Hmm............. is there a performance loss?

You also might want to try the second or third most recent drivers in lieu of the most current ones.

what u should do is go into the bios and look around in the main page

if u have your hdd pluged into the ata100 controller then nothing will show up there as an IDE hard drive

*ATA100 plug* - the stuff down below is for you if u plugged your hdd into ata100 slot, if not, READ the next paragraph

go to the boot page in your bios and look down at um...two options u should see

one is ata100/scsi boot sequence and the other is load onboard something bios, what u should choose is ata100/scsi for the first option and auto for the second option

after you get into windows u need to install the ata100 controller drivers and after u reboot, your hdd should be reconized

*IDE plug*
boot into bios then look at the main page, you should see four things in the middle of the screen

primary master and slave, secondary master and slave
choose auto for all of them and the bios should detect the hdd

*last thing*

if you are talking about seeing the GENERIC IDE DISK TYPE47 stuff, that's normal, if that's the case then you don't need to worry because this is normal for hdd, same thing goes for plugging the drive into the ata100 or regular ide controller

if you are running win 98 it most likely will call it a generic disk type 47, wich is typical and does not mean it isn't detecting it properly, if you install the 4.33's availiable at via hardware it should fix this little flaw and report you hd by name, and the 4.33's include a newer ide driver aswell with gave me about 400 points in my sisoft drive benchmark

Back