• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange problem in Far Cry using 5700LE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eatingfield

Registered
Hi
I just bought a NVDIA GeForce FX 5700LE with 256MB of RAM. I'm happy with all the games except when it comes to Far Cry, it has this strange problem of disappeared ground texture(and sea texture). This happens when if I'm not overclocking the card. Although this problem only exists in Far Cry but I think it's the card's fault since I was able to play Far Cry without this strange problem with my old card (which is now burnt). I hope someone can help me solve this probhlem because I really wanna play Far Cry but cannot stand the game with this kind of scenery. Thanks

Attachments

• FarCry0003.jpg
    FarCry0003.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 54
Have you updated Direct X and your drivers? Or maybe you need to adjust your AA/AF... or perhaps your Fast Write is on? If possible, can you adjust the quality of the ground textures in the video options within Farcry? Just things to try.

Everyone I know had the problem with FarCry when they didn't installed the patch. It shows weird colors and textures, installing the patch fixed it.

thanks byagi and aniwarp86. I installed the patch and the game work like dream now. The wonderful glass and the water are back. Thanks

Back