• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XMS LL 3200 230 limit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shuRe

I have the ram in my sig, and at the moment cant get it stable past 230 with 2.5 - 3 - 3 - 7, any higher and i get errors in mestest test 5 (i get 16 errors after 4 hours with 237). I dont want to lower the timining much more if i can manage, and have the vdimm at 3.2 (mobo limit).

Is there anything i can do to get any higher?

I know that this may sound counter to conventional logic, but most TCCD ram (with the exception of the mysterious "voltage loving revision") performs best in the 2.6v - 2.8v range. Did you try it at lower voltages before going up to your 3.2?

If not, you might try backing down to 2.7-2.8 and trying to see if that helps you out any. TCCD is spec'ed to be DDR500 by Samsung so you would expect it to be able to run 250 at 2.5-3-3-7 or so timings.

i have tried what u said and no hope :( left mem test on test 5 for 30 mins and i had about 2 million errors when i came back :/

Shall i just invest in a OCZ DDR Booster and wack the voltage up to 3.9vdimm to get best mhz and timing?

I don't believe that will help you for the following reason.

The TCCD, as a general rule, does not like voltge much over 2.9 and this is widely known and often discussed in reviews, such as the ones done by Anandtech, as well as here in the forums. The PQI Monster Thread has numerous posts where guys have stated this.

The exception to the rule has been a recent batch of TCCD based ram that has appeared here and there, without any real pattern. There is a thread over at XS where the guys from OCZ tested a bunch of new ram and got good results using over 3.1v (250 fsb at 2-2-2-5 timings). Well, you've already given yours over 3.1 and are only hitting 230 or so which would lead me to believe that yours is not of the "voltage loving" batch and would not benefit from the additional voltage provided by the Booster.

Now that said, its your money and your ram and most importantly...your call.

Good luck. And here is a link to the thread at XS.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44647

Back