• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voodoo cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KLowD9x

Ok, I did the superglue thing and everythings working and I know theres good contact and everything because the sink is getting warm, but the fan is kind of dinky. STILL the back of the board gets hot, not like it used to, but it still burns to the touch, is this normal? and should I get a better fan, like another delta and put it in the HS?

Voodoos were known for their heat.

I didn't know it the first time I removed mine after having it running for a while and almost became one with the card (nearly melted my flesh to the heatsink!).

yeah, they get hot. Any cooling mod you add will help.

I had a Voodoo3 2000 not too very long ago (actually I still have it and using it in my AMD 500 system). Anyways, I changed the HS and added a fan to the front of the card and bought another HSF and added it to the back of the card. I then upgraded the Bios to the 3000 and its been running cool and Excellant at 166 core.

The Voodoo 3 3000 had a very nice HS, only no Fan...
So, I removed the HS added some new Thermal paste, put on a 60 mm Y.S.-Tech 26cfm fan, and could clock it up too 186 no problems...
Hope that helps

Back