• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problems installing game/ it really happens

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Disco..Rules!

Registered
hello , i don't post here to much anymore as i had to trade my overclocking hobby for a stable machine as i got older(it happens to the best of us):) well anyway...
i recently puchased two games from gogamer.com where i usually purchase games as they have pretty good sales. i got evil genius(which i absolutely love) and warhammer dawn of war. now gogamer has always been good to me good prices and fast shipping but.. after playing evil genius for a couple weeks i decided to install warhammer dawn of war. well there was NO cd key in this. it has a little square in the jewel case (the cd jewel case WAS sealed in that plastic wrap stuff) which says "don't lose this number!" but there is nothing printed in the area. i always remember reading those threads where people would say "well i never got a cd-key" and would think "yeah right" but apparently it can happen as it has just happened to me. a couple of questions

1. i contacted gogamer, but its the weekend so hopefully i will hear from them monday.

2. who else should i contact? the developer?, the publisher? the state attourney general?

3. could this just be a printing error? i know things happen, but a key is pretty major.

i will let you know what happens, but after having it happen to my. i will definately wihhold judgement from now on.

Whomever you contact, my advice to you is take a picture of where the cd-key should be, but isnt. That would dispel suspision rather quickly.

Disco..Rules! said:
2. who else should i contact? the developer?, the publisher? the state attourney general?
lol!

Yeah, I agree that taking a picture of it and showing it to whoever has the power to get it right would be the route to go. I would start with gogamer, but if they are unable or unwilling to do anything, talk to the publisher.

thanks for the info, if anyone has warhammer dawn of war, can they at least tell me that as you are looking at the cd case. you open it up, there are three discs. in the section behind the third disc is the area that says "don't lose this number" is that the area of the cd-key for warhammer dawn of war? there is nothing typed in there at all. no hologram, writing, no numbers/letters, nothing at all.

Back