• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Partition and Files Defaults

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GerrFel

I recently partitioned my hard drive into two parts before installing Windows. One with 4GBs for Windows files and the other the 76GBs for files and storage. Only problem I didn't expect was for My Documents and defaults to all be in the small 4GB partition.
So the question I have is, is it possible to transfer the My Documents Folder over to the larger partition (in this case my F: drive), from the small C: drive partition? So when I go to install programs, by default it goes to F:? Help, pretty please? =)

My secret is out, I've left a trail! Well I'm not exactly sure where to put this for one. Second is that so few people are actually in each forum, and I need an answer ASAP as I'm installing files on said HDD, that I wanted to broaden my questions range. If and when I get an answer, I'll delete all the rest of the posts minus one.

Right click the 'My Documents' folder and choose 'Properties'. From there you can change the location of your My Documents folder by clicking 'Move'.

Z

Please do not double post in the forums. Many do not like it and it may even be against forum policies. THX

Back