• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Gaming Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ressurection

Registered
Hey all!

I was thinking about getting this rig around Christmas time or mid-January. I've been researching since the beginning of the summer and revised this list a lot. What do you think? Any comments or suggestions are welcome. :D

CPU: AMD64 3500+ (Winchester)

Motherboard: Abit AV8 Pro

RAM: 2x 512MB Corsair XMS PC-3200 XL 2-2-2-5 (Samsung TCCD)

HD: Seagate 120GB (SATA)

Video Card: Gainward GeForce 6800GT

Sound Card: Creative Audigy2 ZS

PSU: OCZ PowerStream 520W

CD/DVD Writer: TDK 1616DLN

Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia GMX D-5.1

Casing: Silverstone TJ-05

I want to overclock the 3500+ to 2.7GHz or more. You think I can make it with DIY water cooling? If not, what should I change so it can OC that far?

Thanks a lot, :)
Ress

9mmCensor said:
Its the same chips no?

By January there will be alot of different opitions on the market. Mainly nForce4 motherboards, PCI-E graphics cards, and possibily SLI.

That's correct, they share the same chip.

http://mar.h0sted.org/ramliste250804.htm

SLI is out definately, as there is no way I'd have enough money to buy two high-end video cards. nForce4 motherboards and PCI-E graphic cards still remain an option though. I'll just have to wait to see which motherboard I like the most. :)

KoolDrew said:
Don't get that mobo. Get the MSI K8N neo2 and get OCZ Platinum Rev 2 Ram

I've heard the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum mobo is full of bugs though. Many say that if you just want a stable board that overclocks well, then go for the Abit while the MSI is for the people that want all those extra bells and whistles.

Yeah and I've been looking at that OCZ RAM for quite a while now. Only problem is finding it here in Singapore. :(

tom10167 said:
In my opinion you're setting a $2,000 rig on fire by not running a Raptor in it.

Get a Raptor.

Adding a 74GB Raptor to my setup would make my budget exceed by $200 USD. Not to mention 74GB isn't enough for me. :(

Back